The restaurant and farm stall will keep your eating and drinks needs happily quenched.
All trail runners should be self sufficient with carrying your own water and food. The longer routes also require you to carry compulsory kit.
The 50km is a UTMB qualifier!
CLICK HERE to register
The 36km is a UTMB qualifier!
CLICK HERE to register
Arrive for registration from 5.45am. Coffee and rusks included.
50km - R745
36km - R645
25km - R345
12km - R245
Race registration for 36km and 50km starts at 5.45am. This is where you collect your race numbers.
Registration for 12km and 25km starts at 7:15am.
NOTE – If you are running for podium positions and prize money you must be in A batch!
5:30am – Registration for 36km and 50km starts
6:30am – 50km runners board buses to be transported to the start
6:45am – 36km runners board buses to the start
7:00am – 50km race starts
7:15am – Registration for 12km and 25km starts
7:15am – 36km race starts
8:15am – 25km batches start
9.15am – 12km batches start from base camp
10am – Free kiddies run
12:30pm – Prize giving for 12km and 25km begins
NOTE: Medals are “green”, flowers for you to plant and enjoy.
Compulsory Kit (not negotiable):
1. You must carry all your own nutrition and hydration for the entirety of the run.
2. 50km & 36km runners must carry a minimum of 2 litres, (25km runners MUST carry 1 litre), and some solid food such as energy bars, biltong, dried fruit, roast chicken.
3. 50km & 36km route traverses remote areas, you must carry a wind breaker, a space blanket, a whistle and charged cell phone. Add the emergency number 072 924 2371.
Cut Off's Apply:
36km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 12pm directly to Greek Church.
36km and 50km route: Runners will be redirected to a shorter course from 1pm at Greek Church.
You should be fit & healthy to complete these events, it is not a walk.
- 12km 1 water table
- 25km 2 water tables
- 36km 1 emergency water point at approx 18km and feed station at the Greek Church.
- 50km 3 emergency water points at approx 18km, 27km & 42km and feed station at the Greek Church .
- Race numbers to be worn on the front of your running shirt, club numbers are not required.
- There is a kiddies jungle gym and big grassy area in front of the restaurant at Van Gaalens race venue. Bring your family along and enjoy a relaxed morning out, whilst waiting for sweaty Mom and Dad. Hot showers and restaurant on site.
- DO NOT leave valuables in your car, lock anything like wallets, cellphones, IPads in the boot. We have Security patrolling.
More information: energyevents.co.za/event/crazy-store-magaliesberg-challenge-2018/
Van Gaalen Cheese Farm, Hartebeespoort
|Address||Van Gaalen Restaurant, Skeerpoort, North West, 0232, South Africa|