PUREBRED ARABIAN HORSES, BRILLIANT LIVE MUSIC, FADING KAROO LIGHT AND A MTB NIGHT STAGE READY TO GO.
This is the scene at the start of the annual limited-entry Lormar MTB Tour – a unique three-day mountain bike experience in the heart of the Karoo. The Tour entails riding along 200 year old stone walls, on smooth “sheeptracks” and passing the familiar windpomp scenes along the way. Experience authentic Karoo hospitality with spitbraais, fresh farm bread, condensedmilk coffee, koeksisters & craft beer amidst picturesque sunsets. Lormar is not about crossing the finish line as quick as possible but rather about a riding experience like no other.
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN YOUR ENTRY?
- All riders receive a unique and exclusively designed cycling shirt which is unique to each year.
- All Tour meals from Friday dinner to Sunday lunch are included in your entry.
- 3-Nights tented accommodation along with a comfy mattress for each participant.
- Expect brilliant live entertainment throughout the weekend to further set the mood.
- Each rider receives a goody bag at registration along with a Tour guide with all the need-to-knows.
- Riders get to enjoy 3 days of exclusively selected routes only allowed to be ridden during the Lormar events.
- Staffed water points serving everything from water to koeksisters! Backup vehicle to assist should you not be able to ride any further.
- Participants will be surprised by a coffee stop in the middle of the veld to enjoy the scenery while sipping away on a velvety cappuccino!
- Trained medical personnel at each stage to handle any emergencies that may occur.
The Tour will start with a 20km ride into the sunset and welcomed to spectacular Karoo night skies. Day 2 is a tough one but definitely the most scenic route of the tour passing the old farm house G.A. Watermeyer grew up in to beautiful dam wall crossings over 58km in total. Day 3 will consist of approximately 55km through neighboring farms only available to ride during Lormar Tours.
There’s also a Lormar Mini category for riders wanting to do shorter distances each day. The Lormar Mini will also start with a 20km ride into the sunset for day 1. Day 2 will consist of an approximately 28km ride followed by day 3 a 30km ride.
You can expect to ride a combination of jeeptrack, a few singletracks and smooth “sheep trail” sections through the beautiful Karoo. We’ve also added the occasional bridge to make it an Ultimate Karoo Experience.
Please confirm your shirt size from the chart below before you proceed with your entry:
More information: lormarendurance.co.za/mtb-home/
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|Main Solo||135 km (Day 1-20KM Night Ride | Day 2-60KM | Day 3-55KM)||18:30||R 4,950.00|
|Main Team||135 km (Day 1-20KM Night Ride | Day 2-60KM | Day 3-55KM)||18:30||R 4,475.00|
|Mini Solo||82 km (Day 1-20KM Night Ride | Day 2-30KM | Day 3-32KM)||18:30||R 4,300.00|
|Mini Team WAITING LIST ONLY||82 km (Day 1-20KM Night Ride | Day 2-30KM | Day 3-32KM)||18:30||R 4,050.00|
Fairview Farm | Middelburg, Middelburg, EC
|Address||Gps: S 31 32’31.2” E024 32’47.0”|