- 7km - R130.00 - Includes a boerewors roll and finish line, hand made medal. [You can purchase a branded, technical race cap at R100.00. This will be an option on the entry form]
- 18km - R330.00 - Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
- 30km - R480.00 - Includes a boerewors roll at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand made medal.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON 14 October at midnight, or once 200 entries are achieved - which-ever happens first.
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue – off the R43, near Grotto Beach.
- 34°23’57.59″S and 19°15’58.14″E
This is a solo event.
- Senior Male [16-39]
- Senior Female [16-39]
- Vet Male [40+]
- Vet Female [40+]
- Masters Male (50+)
- Masters Female (50+)
- JUNIOR U/16 male or female – ONLY FOR THE 7KM OPTION
REGISTRATION & COLLECT RACE NUMBERS – Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
Friday, 18 October: 18h00 – 20h00
Saturday, 19 October: 06h00 – 07h00
Run briefing: 07h00
- 30km – 7h15
- 18km – 7h20
- 7km – 7h25
No late entries. No refunds unless Doctor’s certificate/letter received on the Doctors letterhead. In that case , any refunds will also be affected by any fees we may have paid already such as reserve fees/race caps/admin fees. Substitutions [also above] allowed at a R100.00 admin fee but no substitutions after 14 October.
RACE RULES: Please adhere to these race rules. You will not be allowed to run the 18km or 30km if you do not have a waterproof rain jacket available. Please ensure you “know” the difference between a “wind breaker” and a ” waterproof rain jacket”. Make sure that it is a WATER PROOF jacket and not just a wind jacket. It must have long sleeves and a hood.
- Runners must be self sufficient and carry enough water and food to sustain them for the entire route. There are no water tables on route - please ensure you are self sufficient. There are some clean,fresh water streams on the 30km run.
- You must carry a cell phone,
- carry a whistle and emergency blanket if you run the 18km or 30km.
- If you have any adverse health condition, please do not enter.
- please carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s tel number, Medical insurance number, emergency tel number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person
- Each person must save this cell number on their phone – 082 658 3078 [Ugene Nel] for emergency use only.
- Do not attempt to run if you are not physically fit. The weather might be adverse and your lack of fitness could seriously affect your health
- Only run/walk on the trails
- Do not take short cuts – any person caught taking short cuts, littering, abusing other users in the reserve or any other place during the event will be disqualified from all future Quantum Adventures events, Fernkloof Nature Reserve and possibly other similar events organized by other event organizers.
Right of admission reserved.
In the meantime - enjoy the training and respect Nature. Always:-)
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|30KM MASTER MALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|30KM SENIOR FEMALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|30KM MASTER FEMALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|18KM VET FEMALE||18 km||07:15||R 300.00|
|18KM SENIOR MALE||18 km||07:15||R 330.00|
|30KM SENIOR MALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|30KM VET FEMALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|30KM VET MALE||30 km||07:15||R 480.00|
|18KM MASTER MALE||18 km||07:20||R 330.00|
|18KM MASTER FEMALE||18 km||07:20||R 330.00|
|18KM VET MALE||18 km||07:20||R 330.00|
|18KM SENIOR FEMALE||18 km||07:20||R 330.00|
|7KM MASTER MALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM MASTER FEMALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM VET MALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM VET FEMALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM SENIOR MALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM SENIOR FEMALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM JUNIOR MALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
|7KM JUNIOR FEMALE||7 km||07:25||R 130.00|
Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, Hermanus
|Address||Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue – off the R43.|