- Date: 29 February 2020
- Distances: 120km, 1850m ascent
- Fee: Riders: R220 ( 2 fully stocked PVM Water points, Support Vehicle )
- Start Venue: De Villa Resort, Loskop dam
- Finish Venue: High-Side Tavern, Tonteldoos
- Arrival time and registration: 04:00 am
- Ride Briefing: 04:55 am
- Start time: 05:00 am
- Lights and rear reflectors until sunrise
- Warm kit/Protection against wind and rain.
- Sunblock and protective gear against the heat and sun
- GPS device [GPX file loaded before the event]
- Spares, tubes and repair kits
- Enough nutritional foods and drinks to last you for the entire ride, there will be water points with basics like jelly babies, coke, water and PVM energy drinks bars and gels, however, do not just rely on the waterpoints.
- Medical kit and medical aid details
Training Ride Information:
- This training ride makes for proper endurance, where altitude starts to play its part, where climbing becomes plenty and last but not the least, the infamous Korfnek pass that awaits you near the end.
- But do take in the scenery as the escarpment opens up as you go, filling your view with beautiful waves of green.
Important Additional Information:
- Support will be allowed on this training ride to follow and meet up with you at every water point, however if you don’t have support to follow you then ensure you have someone dropping you off at the start and collecting you at the finish.
- Some brave Riders have cycled back to the start( unsupported) , maybe this is an option for you too?
- Support Vehicle will be on route to transport your Luggage from start to finish, but please note space is limited!
DE VILLA RESORT
If you are staying over Friday night, Accommodation options are available at where we will be starting at De Villa Resort.
2- 6 Self-catering Bed Chalets from R800- R1100 for the night ( NOTE: the 8-bed chalet is already booked for the event crew)
Camping is available at R50p/p
There are braai facilities at the Chalets and restaurant with bar ( don’t party too much, you going to have a rough day ahead of you)
To book your accommodation please contact Marietjie Kok directly at De Villa Resort (mention to her you are one of the cyclist doing the training ride):
Office: 013 262 4716
Cell: 083 926 8466
Email: [email protected]
Alternatively, there are Lodges and Resorts around the Loskop Dam you can contact and book accommodation
HIGH SIDE TAVERN
If you wish to stay over in Tonteldoos Saturday evening you can book accommodation through us at the High-Side Tavern at R250.00 per person.
Rooms available, please confirm with me which rooms you wish to book, below the website to view the accommodation.
Email: [email protected]
Cell: 082 410 5377
Note: this is not a race but you will receive boards, or use you may use your personalized board to be timed to earn your Vitality points.
You may request your time at the finish if you are curious about how you did, but timing is not official and will not go on the NTS (National Trail Seeding) system.
Also NOTE: GPS files will be sent two days prior to the event so ensure when you enter your email address is correct.
Definitely do not miss out on this training event!!
De Villa Resort, Loskop dam, Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality
|Address||De Villa Resort, Loskop dam|
|City||Elias Motsoaledi Local Municipality|