Strand Athletics Club
FALSE BAY 50
DATE ENTRIES CLOSE ON 29 APRIL2020
T-SHIRT SALES CLOSE ON 22 APRIL 2020
START 6H30 KLEINMOND JUKSKEI CLUB
FINISH 13H00 GORDON’S BAY PRIMARY SCHOOL
BUSES Bus transport is available to take athletes to the start venue in Kleinmond. We strongly encourage athletes to park at the finish in Gordon's Bay Primary School and take a bus to the race start in Kleinmond. It is a provision from Western Cape Traffic that NO cars will be allowed to travel along the course with athletes. Supporters who drop off athletes in Kleinmond will have to travel back to Gordon's Bay along the N2 over Sir Lowry's Pass. Buses will start leaving from 04h00 - last bus will leave at 05h00. Signage will direct you to the buses.
TOG BAG There will be a tog bag collection point at the race start in Kleinmond. Bus tickets available when entering for the race online.
ENTRIES & NUMBER COLLECTION
NO NUMBER COLLECTIONS ON RACE DAY!!
Online entries only
Friday 08-May 11h00 - 18h00
SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE RONDEBOSCH
SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE SOMERSET WEST
SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE TYGERVALLEY
Saturday 09-May 11h00 - 18H00
KLEINMOND JUKSKEI CLUB
1. Minimum age on race day for the 50 KM is 20 years.
2. Participants must obey instructions of Marshals and Traffic Officers.
3. Licensed athletes should wear club colours.
4. One race number (bib) will be issued. Registered athletes must wear their ASA licenses on the front and back of their vest. The race number must be worn on the front of the vest, partially covering the ASA license, so that the ASA license sponsor remains visible. Unregistered athletes must wear the race number at the front and at the back.
5. In addition to Overall (Open) prizes, participants will only be eligible for an age category prize in the age category they enter. Corresponding numerical age category tags must be worn on the front and back of their vest.
6. Participants may enter the age category corresponding to their chronological age or any younger category down to senior.
7. Age category tags must be worn (front & back) and visible for the entire race to be eligible for any age category prize.
8. Electronic timing will be utilized for both the 10km as well as the 50km races.
9. The race number will also contain a disposable timing chip at the back. Please ensure that you don't fold or damage the race number. No race number, no time.
10. No personal seconding will be permitted, except at official refreshment stations. Athletes who are being second will be disqualified.
11. There will be additional cut-off times on the 50 KM race, at the halfway mark (3h15) and then also at the 38km mark (5h00). Athletes who do not make the cut-off times will be transported to the finish at Gordon’s Bay Primary School.
12. Tog bag facilities will be provided at own risk. There will also be a tog bag truck at the start of the 50 KM race in Kleinmond.
13. The organisers and WPA accept no responsibility for any accident or injury resulting from participation in the event.
14. The use of music players with headphones is not allowed and will result in disqualification.
15. This event is held under the rules and regulations of ASA and Western Province Athletics, and is organised by Strand Athletics Club.
16. DO NOT LITTER. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or carrying them to the Finish.
ATHLETES THAT ARE SEEN LITTERING, ESPECIALLY ON THE ROUTE BETWEEN ROOI-ELS AND GORDON’S BAY AS THIS IS A CARRY-YOUR-OWN-ZONE, WILL BE DISQUALIFIED. Report offenders to the referees. # RunClean
17. Detailed rules are available on www.wpa.org.za or on request from the organisers or the WPA office.
18. Wheelchair athletes must please contact the organisers timeously to discuss arrangements for the participation.
19. Prize giving will take place at 12:30 and the lucky draw prizes at 13:00.
20. Race walkers will also be allowed, on the 50 KM event, but the cut-off times will also apply to them.
Gordon's Bay Primary School, Kleinmond to Gordon’s Bay
|Address||c/o Blue Gum ave & Avondrus str, Gordon's Bay|
|City||Kleinmond to Gordon’s Bay|