Hazeldean Valley Trails is on the doorstep of Pretoria East, on a beautiful farm where cyclists can enjoy a variety of different scenery from bushveld to farmland to the lush treeline of the Pienaars River.
Official MTB Race approved & regulated by authorities
Only 500x entries available
When: 4 October 2020, Sunday. The race will start at 6h00 Sharp
Where: Hazeldean Valley Trails, Cowhouse Market
Route options (NO LAPS)
Premises will open at 05h00
- 60km - Unfortunately due to all the H & S, Covid en medical regulations we will be unable to host the 60km this year based on the fact that we would have to exit the Hazeldean Valley farms.
- However, we believe a very hard paced 45km will have the same result as a semi-relaxed paced 60km
- 45km – R230 - 06h00 - @2 WaterPoint
- 20km – R180 - 07h00 - @1 WaterPoint
- Kiddies 5km MTB – R100 - 09h00 - No CSA License required
Late, on the day entries will carry a R30 surcharge
Please note as a sanctioned, lockdown event all annual CSA licenses will be checked by means of proof, alternatively CSA Day licenses can be purchased at R50 ea(as prescribed by the CSA from 1 September 2020)
- When to Arrive: To avoid gatherings please do not arrive too soon, or too late. Arrive anytime within your hour.
- Batches: 40 Riders per batch with a 5-minute interval per batch.
Your entry will include the following
- All finishers get a choice between a medal or a Peg(handlebar plugging tool & plugs) from the manufacturers of Safe Seal
- Free bike wash & lube after the race by #QBike
- Beautiful, well-marked routes
- Well stocked water points sponsored by Key360 Nutrition
- Medics on Standby
- This event is an official Discovery Vitality Racing Event & Momentum Multiply , your points will be rewarded automatically
- BoutTime will ensure for instant results on your phone, website & on our electronic result boards at the finish, no more waiting
- There will be prizes to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th overall for each distance and gender and also 1st place for each age category
- Age categories are: Nippers(1-10), Sprogs(11-12), Sub-junior(13-14), Youth(15-16), Junior(17-18), U23 Elite(19-22), Elite(23-29), Sub Veteran(30-39), Veteran(40-49), Masters(50+)
- You have to be present at prize giving to claim your prize.
The Rules and Regulations (Things that might get you disqualified)
- Please don’t gather before and after your cycle
- Please remember to wear your face masks in the race village at all time
- Sanitiser will be provided.
- Strictly No spectators allowed.
- Please remain 1.5m from each other, on the trails if you pass, indicate to the person in front of you that you are going to pass and doing so swiftly and by trying to keep your distance.
- After your ride you will receive a medal, downloadable certificate and your time will be captured for your health points at Momentum Multiply & Discovery Vitality. The overall top 3 participants by distance and top 1 age category, both for males & females will receive their prizes by means of an physical sponsored item. Gazette/CSA rules will apply in terms of prize giving session.
- BoutTime will also track who is still out on the trail & who not.
Please remember to notify us if you did not complete the whole distance before we send out a search party unnecessary.
What else will be there:
- Free Parking
- Free kids play area (but regrettably no childminding facilities)
- Plenty of food and drinks stalls at the Cowhouse Market
- Crafts for sale
- Entertainment such as pony rides
And of course Hazeldean Brewing Co Craft Beer on tapTBA due to new liquor licenses
- A fun day out for the whole family
Late Entries & Number Collection:
- Saturday: @ Hotspot Cycles between 10h00 and 14h00.
- Sunday: @ The venue between 05h00 and 07h00. (Credit Card, Cash, Zapper & SnapScan). R30 Surcharge on Late Entries
Due to continued damage to our temp boards and theft of riders not handing in their race boards back to our timing team.
We had to make the difficult decision of implementing a new system where you can buy your very own permanent race number, having to discontinue our loss of temporary boards for on the day.
This one you can use time and time again and is assigned to your name, meaning that it is yours and you register for the race online, having no need to collect your number from registration queue, you sign up online and show up at the start line for the race.
Your brand new permanent board will cost you R50, alternatively can you rent one of the old raceboards from us for R20.
This is in line with other time keeping companies, it will shorten the registration queues for repeated riders, making it more convenient and make the number collection process faster.
The routes have been well designed to have a good balance of jeep track (to prevent bunching) and single track (to keep it fun).
The profiles are mostly flatish with a small amount of climbing on the longer distances.
Route profiles will be available closer to the date.
More information: www.bouttime.co.za/events/#/
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
@2 Water Points
|45 km - 6am & 9am Starting Groups, batches per group||R 230.00|
20km Fun Ride
@1 Water Points
|20 km - 7am & 10am Starting Groups, batches per group||R 180.00|
|5km Kiddies Race||5 km||R 100.00|
|45km Race - 9am Start||45 km||R 230.00|
|Address||Silver Lakes rd Extension past Curro|