The Swartberg100 Gran Fondo starts and ends in Prince Albert, arguably one of the most attractive Karoo towns in South Africa, it covers 171 km of which there are 3 gravel sectors. The final climb is over the gravel Swartberg Pass, a relentless climb of 28 km with gradients of 16% as you reach the summit.
The Staffetta (Italian for relay race), follows the Gran Fondo Route and divides it exactly in 2 x 85.5 km stages. The first stage is suited to a rouleur and the second stage to a grimpeur type rider
The E-Fondo is for a pedal assisted e-bikes, 65km and 1900m a spectacular route over the Swartberg Pass, plenty of climbing.
The Medio Fondo - flat and fast 55km with 350m of ascent
Covid-19 Cancellation Entrants
- 2020 paid up entrants will be sent a unique coupon by Entry Ninja before midday, Friday the 16th of October 2020, to the value of their 2020 entry.
- This coupon can then be used to cover your entry costs for 2021, we have kept all pricing the same for 2021 therefore your coupon still holds the same value.
- Early Bird discounted entrants will unfortunately have to pay the top up to normal entry price.
- The coupon is not refundable.
- You can register now and make payment with the coupon later, the system will allow 10 days for payment to be made.
Gran Fondo............................................ R 1250.00
Medio Fondo........................................... R 400.00
Staffeta (Gran Fondo Relay)...................... R 950.00 x 2
Gran Fondo Tandem................................ R 950.00 x 2
E-Fondo.................................................. R 950.00
Luxury Tent 2 nights for 2 persons + Breakfast, Linen provided......R 2240.00
Luxury Tent 2 nights for 2 persons + Breakfast, without Linen........R 1760.00
Manicured lawn area + brand new ablution with high pressure, hot showers, quiet and away from race start. Secure parking 50m from your tent.
Swartberg 100 Gran Fondo Cycling Jersey........................R 750.00
Please be aware that we are at present not sanctioning this race with any cycling association or governing body, we are following the practice of all gravel bike events worldwide.
The law states we need to comply to the Safety at Sports and Recreational Events act, 2010, which we will and have so in the past.
If a cycling association or governing body provides benefit to the participants of a gravel bike race, or UCI creates a gravel bike racing category, we will certainly consider sanctioning it with such a body.
If you are a professional cyclist and/or a member of a cycling association, that cycling association may have rules about entering non-sanctioned cycling events, please be sure that you understand them before entering.
Refund and Substitution Policy:
- The entry fee will be refunded if the rider is unable to participate due to death or hospitalisation.
- Should an entrant cancel his/her entry 3 or more months prior to the entry closing date, he/she shall be entitled to a refund of the entry fee subject to deduction of a reasonable cancellation fee, having regard to the potential of the organisers to find an alternative entrant before the entry closing date.
- If riders are unable to take part in the event and wish to have their entry substituted, they must ensure that the substitute rider follows the correct substitution procedure which is found on the website. No substitutions will be allowed after the entry closing date. The substitute rider must pay an additional entry fee.
- The race will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety. In this event, entry fees are not refundable.
- The organiser reserves the right to refuse any person’s entry, or cancel any person’s entry up to the day before the race. In that event the person’s entry fee will be refunded.
- No Transfers to the following year will be allowed.
More information: www.swartberg100.com
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)|
|Gran Fondo (170km 3000m ascent)||171 km||07:00||R 1,250.00||-|
|Staffetta - Gran Fondo Relay||171 km Relay - 85.5km Roleur + 85.5km Grimpeur||07:00||-||R 950.00|
|Gran Fondo Tandem||171 km 171 km and 3000m of ascent||07:00||-||R 950.00|
|e-Fondo (65km 1900m ascent - for e-Bikes only)||65 km||07:30||R 950.00||-|
|Medio Fondo (55km)||55 km||08:30||R 400.00||-|
Prince Albert, Great Karoo, Prince Albert
1 hrs drive north of Oudtshoorn
2 hrs drive north of George
From Cape Town on the N1, 80km after Laingsburg, turn right to Prince Albert, a tar road for 40km.
|Address||Hope Street, Prince Albert, Western Cape|