Join us for the Winter Prestige Trail Run Series 2020, the top of the crop hand-built trails around Pretoria’s outskirts.
The BLACK-EDITION Prestige Puzzle MedalWhen you cross the finish line at each of the events you will receive a selected piece of your medal. Once you have completed all 4 events you will have one complete 110mm Prestige Trail Run Medal. We will kick off the series @ Tierpoort Adventure Farm with the base medal, event 2, 3 & 4 will consist of the inner medals.
***The first 600 entries will receive their medals on the day, the rest will receive them after the event***
Run-A-Way SportFor a prestige event we can't just partner up with anyone except for the best. Run-A-Way Sport is very well known in the trail & road running industry and they will be our partner of choice. Number collections will take place on the Friday prior to each event of the Prestige Trail Run Series - The Best Local Trail Collection @ Run-A-Way Sport between 3 & 5pm. They will also be sponsoring running merchandise & vouchers at each event. Pop in at their shop and see what they offer!
Legends Craft Beer & Cider on TapParticipating in a prestige event means prestige craft beer AND cider will be on sale at each event. For this series Legends Brewery will be the supplier of choice. They will serve Lager, Cookies & Cream Ale & Gin Ice Tea on tap. #LegendsDrinkLegends
Official Vitality Racing Event (VRE)Taking part in race events is a great way to stay motivated to exercise regularly – from a 5km fun run to an endurance event such as a cycle race or marathon. To celebrate all levels of event participation of our Vitality members, we have expanded our race event calendar to include any timed and verified race event in the disciplines of cycling, walking/running, swimming and major multisport events. This means you are able to compete both locally and in international events – and be rewarded for it.
Back To Basics Nutrition
The Back to Basics range includes two supplementary drinks, both are Low GI, enriched with fibre, vitamins and mineral fortified. They come in single-serve sachets, in a variety of flavours.
Back to Basics – Nutrition nutritional supplements are the result of 20 years research and offer the advantage of sustained energy release over a period of 4 to 5 hours vs traditional supplements that are sugar based [High GI] and provide energy for approximately one hour, followed by a feeling of exhaustion and hunger.Visit the Back To Basic Online Store
Registration & Number Collection will open 2 hours before the start time, on the day entries will be accept at a R30 surcharge(if the entry limit has not been reached). We accept Credit Cards, Cash & Snapscan
How it works
- Enter for all four races and receive a free T-Shirt, you can enter them individually to qualify for the aforesaid, Shirt handed out from 2nd event onwards
- Each race you complete will consist of a partial individual medal, after completing all four events your huge 11cm Prestige medal will be complete.
- Distances at all venues will consist of 21, 15, 10 & 5km
- Vitality: As a VRE(Vitality Race Event) partner, we will submit the results within 48 working hours to Vitality, if you are a Vitality member you won't have to do anything at all.
Number Collection will open 2 hours before the start time, on the day entries will be accepted at a R30 surcharge(if the entry limit has not been reached). We accept Cash, Credit Cards, Zapper & Snapscan
Distances, Entry Fees & Start Times
6 Reasons why you should pre-enter
- Avoid disappointment if we have to close entries if event becomes overbooked, so secure your entry now
- Assist the organisers to plan The Prestige nutritional points along the route, participants of event #1 will understand what we mean.
- Secure your medal when you cross the finish line (A late entrant may be required to collect his/her medal of event #2 at the next Prestige event)
- Save R30 on surcharge
- Much faster queues for pre-entrants which allows more time to stretch those legs while sipping on your gourmet coffee
|Distance||Start Times||Pricing - Individual event|
|10km (Hikers allowed)||09:30||R160|
|5km (Hikers allowed)||09:45||R110|
Your entry will include:
- Great scenic and very well marked routes, loads of single track, jeep track Á farm roads
- Fully stocked waterpoints
- Earn Vitality Points
- National Trail Seeding Event
- Ample parking
- LIVE Timing
What else is there?
- Chill zone
- Gourmet food stands
- Craft Beer presented by Legends Brewery
- Gourmet coffee
The Rules (Things that might get you disqualified)
- #runclean initiative. Runners who litter on the trails or race village will immediately be disqualified
- Good sportsmanship which means no pushing, shoving or swearing towards anyone on the trails and at the race village
- Organisers decision are final
- Any appeals must be in writing & will require proof of GPS file which will be checked on the day
- Participants shall behave politely towards each other, all race staff, land owners, marshalls, medics & everyone involved and abide by the organisers guidance and instructions.
Prize Structure (Male & Female)
Prize giving will start at 12pm, 3 hours after the first distance starts to allow enough time for all age category prize winners to finish on the 21km route, lucky draw prizes will follow shortly thereafter. All podium and lucky draw prize winners MUST be present to collect their prize. No exceptions will be made.
|Individual Event Prizes||Overall Series Prizes(GC)|
No laps - Epic Scenery
21km(470hm) - Route Profile
The 21km route will take you via single track to the most western side of the Windy Brow farm where the 5km will split off and you will head for the awesome short gorge of almost 20m deep.
From there the runners will have to option to take the BULL RUN which will save you 300m but might or might not be faster than the normal route...that's up to you to find out. However, you will have 12km remaining to either catch up or take advantage of your gap.The 10km runners will split shortly thereafter.
Then you will be heading back to the most south eastern side of the farm where the 15km will split off on the 11km mark.
Make sure you spend some time on the breathtaking views over Cullinan mine before heading north for some more epic single track fun.
Once you turn back south you will be heading back where your trail will merge with the 15 & 10km route before you reach the finish line where some Ice Cold craft beer & Gin Ice Tea on Tap supplied by Legends Brewery will await!
What the venue has to offer
Rosemary Hill, Pretoria
|Address||Rosemary Hill, R964, Pretoria, South Africa|