Suzuki and Like2Bike proudly present an ‘Introduction to XCO’racing for kids.
Join in an amazing day of power trails at Hobby Park where you can push the limits, push yourselves and show the course who is boss!
What is XCO? XCO is the Olympic discipline of cross-country racing. It consists of lap racing, where riders, depending on their age category are required to complete a certain number of laps of a course which is usually between 4-10km’s in length. Suzuki and Like2Bike want to introduce more children to the exciting discipline of XCO, whilst at the same time improving and furthering their technical abilities. This ‘Introduction to XCO series’, consisting of 3 events, will be at a level where most kids will feel comfortable and encouraged to become more proficient riders.
Why not give it a try? You won’t regret it!
Sub Nippers and Sub-Nippers boys and girls
- 2.4km Route of 2 laps for ages 5 -8 | 08h30
- 2.4km Route of 3 laps for ages 9 -10 | 08h30
Sprog boys and girls
- 4.4km Route of 3 laps for ages 11 -12 | 09h15
- 4.4km Route of 4 laps for ages 13-14 l 10h15
Youth and Junior boys and girls
- 4.4km Route of 5 laps for ages 15-18 l 11h30
Categories of riders
Sub Sub – Nipper: Riders aged 5-6 years old.
Sub -Nipper: Riders aged 7 and 8 years old.
Nippers: Riders aged 9 and10 years old.
Sprogs: Riders aged 11 and 12 years old.
Sub-Junior: Riders 13 and 14 years old.
Youth: Riders aged 15 and 16 years old.
Junior: Riders aged 17,18 &19 years old.
- A rider’s category is determined by his or her age on the 31st December of the current year. 13-year old riders registered at a high school will participate in the Sub-junior HS category. 14-year old riders registered at a primary school will participate in the Sub-junior PS category.
- Age categories with less than 10 riders will be combined to form starting batches containing a maximum of 50 riders. Each category competes on its own. Please ensure you check your start time the week before the event.
- Riders will line up 5 abreast on the 7m starting line for their starting time slots per age category
- There will be podium positions for each age category and will be awarded after each event
The route is pre-marked and open for riding from the 9th of May. Please note that masks are compulsory, and may only be taken down 5 minutes before the start.
Late Entries & Number Collection: Late/Line Entries & Number Collection will take place at the venue from 07:30 - 08:30 until 15 minutes before the racing starts. The track will be open to ride from 07:00-08:00. R50 Surcharge on Late Entries on the day. Credit Card, Cash, Zapper & SnapScan accepted.
Your entry will include the following
Fresh Fruit from Farm Fresh Online at the finish line
32Gi hydration and Water at the finish and Techzone
Access to the venue trails, restaurant, and facilities
Medical support on the routes as well as at the start area.
Instant results on the BoutTime website & at the finish
Medal for children who have entered and participate
Cool t-shirt sponsored by Coolheat Agencies and Shimano
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 10 - 20 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
Sub Sub Nippers and Sub-Nippers boys and girls
2.4km Route of 2 laps for ages 5 -8 | 08h30
|2.4 km 2 Laps||08:30||R 150.00|
Nippers and Sprogs boys and girls
2.4km Route of 3 laps for ages 9 -12 | 09h15
|2.4 km 3 Laps||09:15||R 200.00|
Sub-Junior boys and girls
4.4km Route of 4 laps for ages 13-14 l 10h15
|4.4 km 4 Laps||10:15||R 200.00|
Youth and Junior boys and girls
4.4km Route of 5 laps for ages 15-18 l 11h30
|4.4 km 5 Laps||11:30||R 200.00|
Hobby Park: Krugersdorp, Krugersdorp
|Address||Hobbypark, Paardeplaats 177 IQ, Krugersdorp, South Africa|