The Sox Gauteng Enduro Series is a series of enduro style races in Gauteng. This is a FUNDURO taking place at the popular Buffelsdrift Trail park over the weekend of 31 July to 1 August 2021. It does not form part of the series - this is a fun event to get riders introduced to Enduro
Riders will receive a bespoke pair of Gauteng Enduro Series SOX – each event in the series will boost a different design and will only be available to riders who enter into the Gauteng Enduro Series.
The aim is to encourage the growth of this exciting growing discipline in all age categories and to have fun in a safe environment.
At Buffelsdrift there are 6 enduro specific lines marked and numbered 1 to 6 with two climbs to get back to the top of the mountain.
You have two days (Saturday & Sunday) to complete FOUR lines 2, 3, 5, 6 and not all six lines, and the total time of the selected 4 lines counts towards your final result. Ride each line as many time as you wish – the fastest Strava time for each line will count towards your total race time. The technical difficulty is relative to your skill, but the lines are rideable on a cross country bike albeit not the fastest option.
A&B lines are well marked, there are no gap jumps or super skilled sections however we do still recommend that you ride the line at your own pace to see all the challenges before attempting your race run flat out.
The trails are open 7 days a week to ride, just make sure to buy your trail pass when you are riding outside of the official timing days.
Due to Covid regulations this is not a mass event with no start time. Strict adherence to social distancing protocols will be observed at all times.
Timing and leaderboard will be done only on Strava, make sure your profile and activity are public.
Entries on www.entryninja.co.za
Entry cost: R300.00
- Trail passes for two days (31 July & 1 Aug)
- Bespoke Sox Footwear socks
- Some other goodies by partners to be confirmed
- Results count towards your Gauteng Provincial Enduro Log
- The trails are in a north eastern direction, meaning an early start will be more challenging with the sun shining in your eyes.
- Tre trails are loose and rocky, higher tyre pressure recommended
- There are no officials or marshals on route, make sure you don’t ride alone for your own safety, or inform the official at the start if you are riding alone to check in and out before going home.
- Leave at least 1 minute gaps to avoid traffic on route
- For your safety, pre riding the routes at a controlled speed is highly recommended
- Don’t stop in the trail, be mindful of other riders coming down at high speeds. Keep off the race line for your safety and that of the order riders.
- 6 Stages makes for a long day out, Be sure to carry enough hydration and nutrition.
- Emergency number: 0832690841
Enquiries contact Paola: +27 83 252 3752
What is Enduro? Enduro events includes several liaison stages and timed stages. The times achieved in all timed stage will be accumulated to a total time. An enduro course comprises varied off-road terrain. The track should include a mixture of narrow and wide, slow and fast paths and tracks over a mixture of off-road surfaces. Enduro racing requires athletes to use a combination of endurance, speed and technical skills
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
All classes Enduro
Entry includes: Trail passes for two days, Sox Footwear socks and some other goodies by partners
|26 km 6 stages- 26kms with 600m gain||R 299.00|
E-bikes are cool to, feel free to join in on the fun and pull a few of the others up along with you!
|22 km Start any time you wish||R 299.00|
Buffelsdrift Trail Park, Wallmannsthal AH
|Route information||From Johannesburg, take the N1 North
Take the Sefako Makgato (Zambezi dr) offramp, Turn Right.
Drive another 6km on the gravel road and turn into the venue on the right.
|Address||Plot 52, Buffelsdrift Conservancy, Buffelsdrift St, Pretoria, 0130|