Scuttle (Pty) Ltd
Lomond Open Water Swim
Lomond Wine Estate, Gansbaai
12 December 2021
Update on 7 Dec 2021 - The Lomond Open Water Swim is on! Enter now.
Finish your year well by participating in the Lomond Open Water Swim taking place on the Sunday, 12 December 2021.
Whilst you are very close to South Africa’s Great White Shark capital, you will be safe while swimming in a beautiful freshwater dam surrounded by vineyards and fynbos valleys. An absolute treat as swimming in this dam is only allowed at these events.
This is a Swimming South Africa Sanctioned event organized with the Western Cape Aquatics Open Water Board giving the opportunity to our Athletes to gain qualifying times for SA OWS Nationals.
Join us for the Long Distance Event or the Fun Event, different age groups and caters for everyone, from the beginners, intermediate and long distance swimmers. A day spent in nature with our Athletes performing at their best. Fun, Family, Entertainment, Nature, Swimming are the key for a pleasant day at the Dam.
- 5km – R280
- Technical Briefing: 07:15 / Event start at 07:30
- Age 14 and over
- 3km – R250
- Technical Briefing: 09:15 / Event start at 09:30
- Cut off 1h45 / 11:15am
- Lomond Mile (1.6km) – R200
- Technical Briefing: 10:45 / Event start at 11:00
- Cut off 1h15 / 12:15pm
- 500m– R150
- Technical Briefing: 12:30 / Event start at 12:45
- Cut off 30mins / 13:15
Prize giving – 13:00
On the day entries +R50
You may enter for more than one distance. Enter first for your longest distance, and then a shorter distance can be purchased for R50 at checkout.
All the swimmers need to wear a brightly coloured Swimming Cap.
Registration and late entries at Lomond:
On the day from 06:30 until 30 minutes before the start of your race
Bring your friends and family with to cheer you on!
The venue is very spectator and child friendly and there will be enough food, beer and wine to keep them company and more than enough parking, close to the venue.
The Lomond Triathlon is taking place the day before, so come and join in the fun while you are in the area. If you are not a cyclist or runner, make up a team and share in the festivities.
* IMPORTANT: For peace of mind, should the event be cancelled due to Covid-19 measures, you will have the option to either transfer your entry to 2022 or receive a refund of 80% of your entry fee.
* Upgrades / downgrades can be done on the day. No partial refunds for downgrades. Difference in price needs to be paid for the upgrade.
* SSA / FINA OWS Rules applies for the 3km & 5km events
FINA RULES to be Followed:
- 5km - NO Watches / Gadgets or Wetsuit (if water temp is higher than 18 degrees).
- 3km - NO gadgets. Will allow wetsuits, but then you start at the back and your results won't count for SA Nationals.
- 1 Mile - Fun event. Gadgets and wetsuits are allowed, but you start at the back.
- 500m - No Gadgets / watches allowed. Wetsuits allowed, but you start at the back.
General FINA Rules for all distances:
- Nails and toe nails should be short.
- No jewelry allowed (please remove any earrings and rings)
- No sun cream PRIOR being marked (shoulders, upper arms and hands)
- If you don't feel well before or after your swim - please report to medics
- No marking and wristband, no swim
For route profiles and more information, please visit us at https://scuttle.co.za/scuttle-events/open-water-swim/
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
Technical Briefing: 07:15 / Event start at 07:30
|5 km Cut off 2h30||07:30||R 280.00|
Technical Briefing: 09:15 / Event start at 09:30
|3 km Cut off 1h45||09:30||R 250.00|
Lomond Mile (1.6km)
Technical Briefing: 11:45 / Event start at 11:00
|Cut off 1h15||11:00||R 200.00|
Technical Briefing: 12:30 / Event start at 12:45
Lomond Wine Estate, Gansbaai, Overstrand Local Municipality
|Address||Lomond Wine Estate - Gansbaai|
|City||Overstrand Local Municipality|