The Warriors Foundation is tremendously excited to introduce the WARRIORS WOLFPACK MARATHON 2021.
The inaugural marathon will take place on 18 September 2021 and will host fields for 42.2km, 32km, 21.1km and 10km runs. Start and finish will be at Merensky High School, Tzaneen.
Considering the enormous challenges runners have faced during the national lockdown due to Covid-19, they continue to show the most incredible resilience with all sorts of challenges taking place in gardens, balconies, and even passages of their homes. The world-renowned Comrades Marathon have postponed their June 2021 marathon to a date yet to be determined, but virtual marathons abound. With this as our yardstick, we are in a genuinely fortunate position with the date of the Warriors Wolfpack Marathon.
As a mid-September race, the Warriors Wolfpack Marathon is a recognised Comrades Qualifier of 42.2km, along with a 32km, 21.1km and 10Km run. It is an officially timed course. Our start of 5h30am will give runners the added advantage of cool weather.
Our marathon begins at the renowned Merensky High School at the entrance to Tzaneen with a lovely winding route followed by some undulating hills with exquisite scenery around the now bursting Tzaneen Dam. A circuit will lead runners back to the Merensky High School as their finish. Already enthusiasm has traction as it is one of the first actual marathons to take place since the implementation of lockdown. Our route will attest to good qualifying times and better seeding for their next Comrades.
The Warriors foundation is the catalyst for change and upliftment, to provide deserving, underprivileged students with opportunities to develop leadership skills, emotional intelligence and to facilitate personal empowerment. The foundation will actively seek out the most deserving recipients of bursaries and scholarships, in order to provide them with the opportunities to develop the leadership skills needed for them to succeed. We are committed to helping these students find their place in the world and aim to develop global citizens who will become future leaders in an ever-challenging world.
|OPEN MEN / LADIES||42.2km||32km||21.1km||10km|
Race Number Collection:
- POLOKWANE - Polokwane Athletic Club, Wednesday 15 September 2021 - 15h00 - 19h00
- TZANEEN – Merensky High School, R36 between Duiwelskloof and Tzaneen, Friday 17th September- 16h00 - 21h00
- Late race number collections at start Merensky High School Hocky Field 18 September 2021 from 04h00
- Tog bag facilities available. Bags can be handed in at the start and collected at the finish. This facility is available to be used at own risk
- Water points will be provided on the route at intervals of 3km and 2km
- Toilets are available at the start / finish and at designated points on the route
- Please arrive at least 45 minutes before the start of your race to ensure all the Covid-19 registration, temperature check, contact forms are completed before your race
- You will not be able to run, should your temperature or other symptoms not meet the necessary requirements as per Covid protocols
- This information will be stored for 6 months after the marathon
- Social distancing outside and inside the pens will be adhered to
- Masks/Buffs to be worn at all times before the start of the race and for the first few minutes into the race. Thereafter you may lower them.
- Masks/Buffs to be worn once again on completion of your race
- Maximum numbers including technical officials, spectators and athletes will not be allowed to exceed 250 at any given time
- Athletes are encouraged to depart the arena and grounds as soon as they have collected medals, tog bags
To participate in any of the events you must either have a 2021 ASA license or you must purchase a temporary ASA license. This is valid across all distances and can only be purchased online. There will be no temporary licenses for sale on race day.
Athletes compete as both INDIVIDUALS and for CLUBS
Tracey van den Dool
083 968 0902
Merensky High School Entrance, Tzaneen
|Address||Merensky High School tzaneen|