Run Zone AC presents the Summer Series Heart Run 2021 to promote a healthy heart.
29 September 2021 is World Heart Day and 29 October 2021 is World Stroke Day. We have teamed up with The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa for this Summer Series Heart Run to promote awareness of having a Healthy Heart through the exercise of walking and running.
Our brand ambassador is Deirdre Larkin the World Record Holder for 10km Woman 85+ years category. Deirdre turns 90 years of age on 24 September 2021, she is very passionate about exercising and running to keep fit and stay healthy. She is very actively involved in our club, participating in most weekend club run when she has taken time off from racing, always inspiring so many to keep training and running.
Three vital and important factors we want to achieve through this series are:
- To Promote the Importance of Vitality towards having a Healthy Heart; (Vitality…. “The state of being strong and active with renewed energy creating changes, giving power for the continuance of life.)
- Raise funds for Deirdre Larkin (The Deirdre Larkin Healthy Life Program), the target of funds to raise is R45,000 for her dental surgery medical bills;
- Raise funds in support for The Heart and Stroke Foundation South Africa for the continued important work they are involved with.
- The Deirdre Larking Healthy Life Program
- The Hearth and Stroke Foundation South Africa
- The funds that will be raised for these two charities will be done using the BackaBuddy system. Kindly support these charities when entering.
HOW WILL THE SERIES WORK?
Run Zone Summer Series “Heart Run” 2021 will be made up of a series of, 3 runs over 3 different weekends at 3 different venues! You have the choice of participating in the complete series running all three events or You have the choice to participate in an individual run on any one of the given days at the distance of your choice. This series could be run VIRTUALLY or run the real original mapped out routes at the different venues on the advertised dates.
Run Zone Summer Series Heart Run kicks off with
- First run from Northcliff Country Club on Sunday 19 September.
- Second run from Run Zone AC West Rand branch from Noordheuwel Country Club on Sunday 26 September.
- Third and final run off in The Cradle of Humankind at Bothongo Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve on Sunday 3 October 2021.
The participant can choose to run 21.1km, 10km or 5km:
- each distance can be entered individually (e.g. 1 x 21.km, 1x 10km or 1 x 5km),
- each distance can be entered as a Series (e.g. 3 x 21.1km, 3 x 10km or 3 x 5km),
- 2 x 10km and 1 x 21.1km as a Series, you can choose in which order to run your 2 x 10km and 1 x 21km,
- each distance can be entered as a virtual run, you can run it any time between 18 September to 03 October 2021,
- each distance can be entered as an on route run which will be run on 19, 26 September and 03 October 2021 on the actual routes.
- Series 21.1km t-shirt, buff & series medal
- Series 10km t-shirt & series medal
- Mixed Distance Series t-shirt, buff & medal
- Series 5km buff & series medal
- 21.1km buff & single medal
- 10km buff & single medal
- 5km single medal only
ROUTE & DISTANCE
- Run your own route on a public road, treadmill or trail, anywhere. (Virtual)
- Northcliff Country Club route (Sunday 19 September 2021 - On-Route)
- Noordheuwel Country Club route (Sunday 26 September 2021 - On-Route)
- Bothongo Rhino and Lion Nature Reserve. The Cradle of Humankind route (Sunday 03 October 2021 - On-Route)
Routes will be clearly marked for each date. The following distances will be marked:
Series 21.1km x 3 – R 390 + Transaction Fee
Mixed distance Series 2 x 10km and 1 x 21.1km - R 390 + Transaction Fee
Series 10km x 3 – R 310 + Transaction Fee
Series 5km x 3 – R 190 + Transaction Fee
21.1km x 1 – R 150 + Transaction Fee
10km x 1– R 120 + Transaction Fee
5km x 1 – R80 + Transaction Fee
Entries open Friday 23 July 2021 and will close on Sunday 26 September 2021.
DATE & TIME
- Virtual Race: Any date and time between 18 September 2021 and 03 October 2021,
- Sunday 19 September 2021 between 06h00 and 06h30 staggered start
- Sunday 26 September 2021 between 06h00 and 06h30 staggered start
- Sunday 03 October 2021 between 06h00 and 06h30 staggered start
VIRTUAL ENTRIES RACE COLLECTION
You can choose to have your Post-Race Pack delivered to your door (at an additional cost).
Alternatively, participants can collect their Race Packs from Northcliff Country Club on
Saturdays from 07h00 to 10h00:
- 18 September
- 25 September
- 02 October
- 09 October
- 16 October
Sundays from 08h00 until 10h00:
- 10 October
- 17 October
POST RACE COLLECTION
After each run at each different venue
Race numbers will be emailed to every entrant once the registration process has been completed. Participants have the choice to print their Race Number and attach it to their running kit for Race Day.
TIME LIMITS and CUT-OFFS
5km – 1.5hrs
10km – 2.5hrs
21.1km – 4hrs
Timing will be done through Strava
Your time will be updated to the official results service for the event.
All participants will receive a finishers medal. If you participate the full series your medals will fit together to make up one final medal.
If you entered the Series you will receive a Series medal, if you entered the individual run you will receive an individual medal.
There will be Spot prizes on each day of the actual route.
RUNNING IN GROUPS
Should participants run in groups, please ensure all social distancing and any other restrictions set by national or local governments are adhered to, to ensure the prevention of COVID-19 spreading.
Please respect the current COVID-19 restrictions/regulations of your Country and run within constraints.
More information: www.runzone.co.za
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Series - 21km||21 km X 3||R 415.00|
|Series - 10Km||10 km X 3||R 330.00|
|Series - 5Km||5 km X 3||R 202.00|
|Series - Mixed Distance||21 km X 1 and 10 km X 2||R 415.00|
|Single - 21Km||21 km X 1||R 160.00|
|Single - 10Km||10 km X 1||R 128.00|
|Single - 5Km||5 km X 1||R 86.00|
A virtual race is a race that can be run, walked or cycled from any location you choose. You get to complete your own race, at your own pace, within the time frame as stipulated by your particular event.
There are no parking problems, no crowds and no long Porta Potty lines. There is no start gun or nervous, pre-race chitchat with other athletes. There's not even an official starting line!
That's the kind of flexibility offered by virtual races, a new trend in the running and cycling community. Athletes who sign up for a virtual race register online and simply choose their route of choice. Once you are finished times can be uploaded via various timing apps as provided by your event organiser. Details of the timing app and how it works will be mailed to all participants closer to race day.