Venue: Dirk's Place, Zusterstroom, Bronkhorstspruit
Date: 11 December 2021
Situated at the foot of the Gous mountain on the banks of the Wilgerivier, Zusterstroom is a hidden bushveld gem with breathtaking beauty, only 30 minutes north from Bronkhorstspruit.
Fooled by the landscape as you leave Bronkhorstspruit, thinking it’s all flat and boring fields, you will be met with mountains and the meandering Wilge river as you descent into the valley of Zusterstroom. Just a couple of kilometers off the main road and you notice you are in another world when you spot the baboons, monkeys, and other game.
Please NOTE: Not suitable for gravel bike. Mountain bike only.
- 25 Km - (08:20)
- 40 Km - (08:10)
- 40 Km (E-Bike) - (08:10)
- 65 Km - (08:00)
- 65 Km (E-Bike) - (08:00)
Prize giving will start at 11:30
Number collection & late line entries will take place at the venue from 07:00 am sharp. Please note that there will be a R30 surcharge fee added to all late on the day entries. (Cash, Zapper, Snapscan & Card available)
- Burger, chips & coke
- Prize Giving
- Finisher medal to all participants
- Earn Vitality/Momentum points
- Water points
- Live timing done by BoutTime
Camp site for caravans and tents with chalets right on the bank of the Wilgerivier. Prime fishing spot also suited for rowing or swimming.
40km from Witbank | 60km from Middelburg | 110km from Montana, Pretoria | 120km from Centurion | 115km from Serengeti Estate, Kempton Park | 150km from Sandton, Jhb
PLEASE READ EVERYTHING CAREFULLY BELOW
Safety Rules & Regulations
- Your temperature will be tested before entering the venue
- Please don't gather before and after your ride
- Everyone should present proof of payment at registration in order to receive their day pass/annual pass at the entrance of the trail
- Please remember to wear your face masks during number collection
- Please remain 1.5m from each other, on the trails if you pass indicate to the person in front of you that you are going to pass and doing so swiftly and by trying to keep your social distance
- Do not attend if you are sick or have been in the last 14 days
- Do not attend if you have been near anyone with symptoms
- Riders are encouraged to carry mask or face-covering in the event another person approaches
- Downloadable certificate and your time will be captured for your health points at Discovery Vitality as well as Momentum Multiply. BoutTime will also track who is still out on the trail & who not so please remember to notify us if you didn't complete the whole distance before we send out a search party unnecessary.
- In order to create a safe and enjoyable venue for everyone who has entered, it is very important that all the Rules & Regulations strictly be adhered to when entering the Trails. Failure to adhere to the Rules & Regulations will result in the forfeiting your ride.
- The Venue, Trail operators, Employees and Companies involved can not be held liable for any Injury, Sickness, Theft or Loss occurred before, during or after entering the Venue
- Riding Rules
- #rideclean initiative. Riders who litter on the trails or race village will immediately be disqualified
- Good sportsmanship which means no pushing, shoving or swearing towards anyone on the trails and at the race village
- Organisers decision are final
- Any appeals must be in writing & will require proof of GPS file which will be checked on the day
- Participants shall behave politely towards each other, all race staff, landowners, marshalls, medics & everyone involved and abide by the organiser's guidance and instructions.
- Riders and walkers that are slower and that are being passed must make way to the left. When overtaking another rider it must be done 2 meters on the trails
Dirk's Place, Venera