Audax South Africa
Gauteng Audax 200km from Lido Hotel, on Sunday 23rd October 2022
A reminder that Audax rides must be considered private excursions and you are merely provided with a route to follow. You ride the route entirely at your own risk, are responsible for your own safety and to make your own arrangements in the event that you have any mechanical or medical problems.
Entry close date: Entries close at 23h59 the Wednesday before the start.
Venue: The start and the finish is at Lido Hotel, Alberton.
Entry fee: AudaxSA is a non profit organisation and entry fees reflect this. The entry fee for this BRM is R160. The entry fee provides you with the following:
- A brevet card
- An map and cue sheet
- Downloadable GPS route file
- Homologation of your ride
Route: The route is still being finalised. With the final instructions, you will receive a PDF route map & cue sheet and a link to RideWithGPS where you can download the final GPS route.
- The start time is 05h30, but you have an hour to start in.
Route safety: There are inherent dangers in Audax riding. You are entirely responsible for your own safety. The organisers provide no support of any kind on the route. Take note that much of the route takes place on narrow roads. For safety we recommend that you ride in single file. Only ride two abreast where it is safe to do so and never ride more than two abreast.
Visibility: We have had a few incidents and near misses on rides recently. Please assist to keep yourself, and those that you ride with, safe by:
- Wearing visible clothing. Bright, fluorescent colours are best.
- Using daytime running lights, front and back.
- Most people will complete well before sunset, but if there is any chance of you finishing in the dark, front and back lights and a reflective visibility vest/ braces are compulsory
Equipment: Please ensure that your equipment is in good working order.
Cards: Please fill out your card properly and hand it in at the finish.
Keep to the route: Please note that you are not permitted to choose your own route between controls – you must follow the route provided.
Withdrawal: If you need to withdraw for any reason, please notify us. The number to call will be on your brevet card.
The Rules: Please familiarize yourself with the rules of Audax Cycling http://audaxsa.co.za/rules/
Support: Please note that support vehicles are only allowed at the controls and not on the route.
Social media and links:
- Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AudaxSouthAfrica/
- Send a message to 082 453 2852 if you wish to be added to the Audax Randonneurs WhatsApp group.
- Please note that the schedule of events on http://audaxsa.co.za/schedule/ is subject to change, depending on what is possible under Covid-19 regulations.
- Check out our AuRaSAN Cycling Club on Strava https://www.strava.com/clubs/267227
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Event has been Closed
Lido Hotel, Johannesburg South
|Address||Lido Hotel, R82, Eikenhof, Johannesburg, South Africa|