WELCOME TO RED BULL QUICKSAND
Red Bull Quicksand could be the most challenging mile you ever run. Competitors will push through the sand in an energy sapping knockout format, with rounds, semi-finals, and finals.
On top of the obvious challenges that come with running on sand (runners expend 1.6 times more energy on sand than running on a road surface) – the course is filled with all kinds of sandy climbs, giving competitors a full examination of endurance, acceleration, and bursts of speed.
For the first time in South Africa, Red Bull Quicksand will take place on Saturday 16th of July, on New Beach, Durban from 08h00.
Limited to 600 participants.
Schedule & format
Your race start time will be communicated to you 1 day prior to the event via email
Race start times are determined on a first come first served basis when entering the race on EntryNinja.com
Runners, please arrive 45 minutes before your start time receive Race Packs & Race Numbers.
If you miss your start time, we will accommodate you in a separate session, however please note that you may miss your pre-race warmup taking place ahead of each session.
*** Numbers, and start times are subject to change depending on final race day numbers.
Round 1: 08h30 – 11h00
- 50-60 runners per session (determined on a first come first served basis when entering the race on EntryNinja.com).
- Sessions will start every 10 minutes with the first session kicking off at 08h30.
- Digital timing chips will be used to track finish times with the leaderboard on display during the event for runners to monitor.
- Top 50 male and top 50 female runners to progress to the semi-finals.
- Separate male and female category where the top 50 participants from round 1 will battle it out to the finish line to capture one of the 10 flags available to secure their spot in the final.
- Mystery loop will be included into the track from the semi-finals.
- Top 10 male and female runners to progress to the finals.
- Top 3 male and top 3 female athletes need to capture a finish line flag to make it onto the podium.
Prize giving: 13h20
Your entry includes:
- The Red Bull Quicksand experience
- Entry into the athlete energy zone
- Race t-shirt
- Race number
- On site entertainment
- Warm up sessions
- Professional photographers to capture your epic moments
- Medical and emergency services on standby
To find out more about the event: https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/videos/quicksand-multi-pov
Event has been Closed
|1 Mile||R 100.00|
New Beach, Durban
|Address||New Beach, Durban|