Come join us at Capaia Wines this Heritage Day and celebrate with a proudly South African boerewors braai!
Whether a novice trail runner or an experienced adventure enthusiast, we now have 3 route options available for all fitness levels. Plus a delicious boerewors roll included in your entry and fantastic lucky draw prizes.
The race starts at Havana Hills 6km from Capaia and runs along the gravel road to Capaia.
The short 6.5km runs along the gravel road and finishes at Capaia. Perfect for families and walkers.
Our longer 15km is great for intermediate runners, taking you also on the gravel road from Havana Hills to Capaia but then adds some distance on the Capaia farm around the dam and over the rise to some single track which wraps back down through the vineyards to the finish line with a max elevation of 200m.
We have added a new 21km which will be a great option for the experienced trail runners looking for a challenge. The 21km starts at Havana Hills and runs along the gravel road to Capaia. At Capaia the route heads into the mountains for some steep but breathtaking single track before heading back to the finish through the vineyards.
Grab your boerewors roll at Mariella's Restaurant when you finish. Wristband presented to collect.
Lunch is available at the Mariella's restaurant - bookings essential - contact them directly on 072 770 9695 / [email protected]
- The start and registration is at Havana Hills just off the N7 6km from Capaia
- Take the M17 offramp off the N7 and turn towards the east (Pine Ridge)
- At the T junction turn left off the tar road onto the gravel road
- Havana Hills is the first gate on the right
- Main parking will be at the start by Havana Hills 6km away from Capaia
- There will be a shuttle service every hour from 10:00am onwards between the finish race village at Capaia and the parking at the start by Havana Hills
- VIP parking at Capaia is available for supporters at a first come first serve basis. Parking here is very limited!
- from 6:00am (at the start by Havana Hills)
- Collect your race wristband & timing chip
- The race starts at Havana Hills and finishes at Capaia
- Vehicle keys / valuables can be handed in for safe keeping (please bring your own bag and we will mark it and take to the finish at Capaia with the bag shuttle)
- Race briefing will be 10min before each start time (please ensure you have registered before in order to make the start on time)
Race start times:
7:00am - 21km
8:00am - 15km
8:30am - 6.5km
Medals and prizes to podium finishers in all distances
Online Pre-Entries open till Wed, 21 Sep 2022 (or until sold out)
which includes a boerewors roll
6.5km @ R140 pp
15km @ R180 pp
21km @ 220 pp (only pre-entry)
Late Entries on the day at Registration from 7:00am
- Late entries exclude a boerewors roll and to be paid CASH ONLY
- Card facilities available at the finish but reception is not good therefore we cannot guarantee payment will go through
6.5km @ R150 pp
15km @ R200 pp
No late entry available for 21km
The event will be timed by our mobii timing system. Timing wristbands will be handed to each entrant at registration (included in your entry) however these need to be handed back at the finish line. All runners start times are pre-programmed so you only need to tap the timing pod at the finish line to record your time. Results will be emailed 1-2 days after the event.
Important: Should your timing wristband not be handed back after the event, there will be a cost of R200
No refunds. No exceptions.
Fantastic lucky draw prizes to all entrants. You have to be present to win it.
We look forward to seeing you there!
More information: dragonflytri.co.za/events/
Capaia Wines, Cape Town
Directions from Cape Town:
Directions from Stellenbosch:
Take the R304 towards Klipheuwel / Malmesbury. Turn left for Klipheuwel. Turn right (still on the R304) just after Klipheuwel. Continue on this road towards Philadelphia. You will go over a single-lane bridge, up a little hill and just over the hill, turn left onto the Old Malmesbury Road. Follow this road until you turn right onto the Botterberg gravel road.
|Address||Botterberg Road, Farms, Cape Town|