The Green Mile Road Race
Do you like staying fit?
Do you love having fun?
Then join us for the Green Mile Road race: the Green Carnival 🎉🎉
With a fast and flat route and wingding water points, it is sure to be the best race of the summer!
It is also one of the only fully themed races in Gauteng!
So bring your friends, bring your family and come experience the celebration of the Green Carnival!
The only mile race in Gauteng!
No need to drive a long way to have fun for miles.
#TheGreenMileRoadRace #GreenCarnival #Sat5Nov #SaveTheDate
#WatchThisSpace #MoreMilesForYourMoola #SupportAGN
*Online Entries Close Friday 28 October 2022
**Late Entries will be available on Thursday 3 November and Friday 4 November 16:00 – 20:00
NO RACE DAY ENTRIES
All participants will have a choice between receiving a Beer or medal at the finish line
1. The race is run in accordance with the rules of ASA and AGN. Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against all or any actions of whatsoever nature: what may arise out of their participation in the race.
2. Registered athletes, who must be members of a club affiliated to ASA to wear their club colours and 2022 licence number (front and back).
3. Race number to be worn on the front of the vest on top of the provincial ASA licence number not concealing “the sponsors’ logos” at the top of the licence.
4. Minimum age 9 years (4 Mile), 14 years (8 Mile) and 16 years (16 Mile).
Numeric age category ID tags to be worn on the back and front of the vest and clearly visible. Proof of age must be produced on request on the day.
5. Proof of age for prize winners may be required and to be presented to referees before prize-giving. Prizes will be withheld until all necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
6. Temporary licenses can be purchased with entries online, or on Race day. Temporary licensed athletes wear to plain clothing with the issued temporary licence numbers on the back of their garment.
7. Walkers welcome for the 8 and 16 Mile. Walkers to comply with international walking rules.
8. Walkers have to wear identifying W’s clearly visible back and front.
9. No blades, cyclists or mechanically operated devices are allowed in the race.
10. Regrettably, no animals will be allowed on the route of the race.
11. No refunds will be entertained.
12. International athletes must provide a clearance letter from the country of origin to the referee in the event of them winning a prize.
13. Foreign athletes may not run with a provincial license unless they are domiciled within the Republic. All foreign athletes will be required to purchase a temporary license or face disqualification.
14. Foreign athletes are not allowed to run in South African club colours unless such Club exists in their country of origin or they are in possession of a refugee status permit or are naturalized citizens of RSA. (Refer to IAAF Rule 4).
15. Wearing headphones/earphones is prohibited.
16. Athletes may not run with another athlete's race number unless by prior arrangement with the race organiser.
17. The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and eject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol who are disorderly or engage in inappropriate behaviour vandalism or evade paying for admission.
18. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2022 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence or face disqualification. Runners participating without buying a race entry will also face disqualification and will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
19. Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a AGN disciplinary.
20. Licensed athlete’s not wearing Club colours may face disqualification.
21. Objections must be lodged within 30 minutes before or after prize-giving in writing to the chief referee accompanied by R500, which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
22. Athletes are only eligible for prize money for the race they have entered.
23. All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge by entering the event that they are medically fit to participate. All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race numbers and entry form.
24. Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins. Athletes can be disqualified if they litter.
25. Electronic timing will be done by Chamberlains Timekeeping in partnership with FinishTime on the 4 Mile, 8 Mile and 16 Mile events. The timing chips will be fixed to race numbers.
26. To ensure that you are accurately recorded in the Race Results it is important that you wear the race number supplied which is associated with the details you provided during the entry process.
27. NO CHIP. NO RESULTS.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|16 mile||25.7 km||R 160.00|
|16 mile under 18 years||25.7 km||R 160.00|
|16 mile 70 years and older||25.7 km||Free|
|8 mile||13 km||R 110.00|
|8 mile under 18 years||13 km||R 110.00|
|8 mile 70 years and older||13 km||Free|
|4 mile||6.5 km||R 50.00|
|4 mile under 18 years||6.4 km||R 50.00|
|4 mile 70 years and older||6.4 km||Free|
Green Mile Athletics Club, Centurion
Venue for the Green Mile Road Race
|Address||Sportpark, Sport Rd, Lyttelton, Centurion, 0157|