Trail Hunter Events
Known as the Vredefort Dome, it is declared a world heritage site and the perfect setting for mountain bike racing. The route follows the banks of the third largest river in South Africa, the Vaal River. The non-technical gravel route is in perfect condition thanks to the local farmers.
Riders can expect a wide range of scenery and challenges in our new 4 part series, Impact.
The race is gravel bike friendly.
- 4 March
- 17 June
- 16 July
- 2 September
Event Date: 4 March 2023
Start Time: 08H00
Day entries available
Distances & Entry fee:
60Km - R250 Marked Route
84Km - R300 Marked Route
129Km - R350 GPS - Navigation only
167Km - R400 GPS - Navigation only
Fully Stocked Water Points:
- 60Km - 3
- 84Km - 3
- 129Km - 4
- 167Km - 5
Routes and profiles:
Venue: Thabela Thabeng
- From Johannesburg take the N1 South and pass through the Grasmere Toll Plaza
- Approximately 60 km further take the Parys / Sasolburg turn-off to Parys
(R59 to Parys 20 km).
- Enter the Town and keep in the right lane
- Follow the Potchefstroom road signs
- At the traffic light(c/o Breë and Van Coller Streets) turn right and cross the Vaal River
- Proceed about 2 km and turn left on the R53 to Potchefstroom
- Travel 10 km and take the turn-off to Venterskroon
- Travel 10 km and Thabela Thabeng will be on your left.
Thabela Thabeng, Venterskroon
|Address||Buffelskloof farm Vredefort Dome, Parys, 9585|