The Greyt Escape. Get a wake-up call before entering the winter season and come and challenge yourself by riding the most beautiful and phenomenal variation of trails, the town of Greyton and surrounds will offer you! Greyton is part of the 2017 Cape Epic and it's showing off its beauty and potential to mountain bikers who has never gone there before. The variation in riding The new Premier Winter 3 day Stage race will keep you interested enough to actually enjoy a seriously challenging route prepared for you. This 3 day Stage race will get you sorted for the Knysna Oyster Festival MTB race later in the season, so make sure not to miss this amazing new event!
We have decided to also add a 40km race that will take place on the 17th of June, see below for more details.
Race date: 16-18 June 2017
Place: Greyton Town, Western Cape
Entries and registration:
Entries will open on the 2nd of November 2016
Entry fees for the 3 Day MTB stage race as follows:
1) Solo entries: R2900 p/p
2) Team entries: R5400 per team
Refund Policy: Before 27 February 2017 – 50% refund. After 27 February 2017 – no refund.
Please note minimum age of 19 years; age groups determined as on 31 December 2017
important: Dinners included:
2 Dinners, not 3
Thule Somerset West
Helderberg Cycle World
Entry fee includes:
3 Days of Phenomenal Mountain Biking along world class routes in the Greyton/Genadedal area
Dinner on Friday and Saturday night
All Lunches (Friday, Saturday & Sunday)
Free Bike Wash Daily
Waterpoints with food and drinks
Medical support on and off route
Land/Nature Reserve access permits
Lead and Sweep vehicles/bikes
Registration details to be confirmed later
Rules and Support:
- The routes will be marked.
- Marshalls must be obeyed at all times.
- Participants may only receive help from fellow participants –
- Or from a service provider at a water point tech zone.
- Any kind of assistance from any other source will lead to disqualification.
- No littering is allowed on the route or at the venue.
- Please dispose of litter at the water points or in designated rubbish bins.
- No smoking or lighting of fires is allowed on the course
- Offenders will be disqualified and may face a life time ban from future events.
- The same goes for vandalism of any kind to property, plants and animals.
- The marked course must be followed by all participants.
- Taking shortcuts will lead to disqualification.
- Team members in the MTB Stage Race must stay within 2 minutes of each other. Failure to do so at any point in the race will lead to a 45minute Separation Time Penalty (STP)
The following support services will be provided:
MTB Stage Race Day 1, 2 and 3
The 40km ride can be entered here: https://www.entryninja.com/events/event/16522-the-greyt-ride
Emergency Medical services.
2x water points on each day's stage , with water, energy drink and eats.
Lead motorbike on each day.
Sweeper vehicle on each day.
All participants will be timed.
Results will be made available on The Greyt Escape website.
More information: www.thegreytescape.com/
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
|Address||Greyton, Western Cape|