Vkb Surrender Hill Marathon
2 March 2019
42 km / 21 km / 10 km Fun Run
PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 27 February 2019
Start / Finish: President Plein, Clarens
42km / 21km - 06h00 I 10km / 5km - 06h15
Prize Giving Time: 11h00
Entries & Number Collection:
1 March 2019 - Protea Hotel, Claresn from 17h00 to 20h00
2 March 2019 - Protea Hotel, Claresn from 04h00 to 05h45
Surrender Hill Marathon is a qualifier for the Comrades.
Race is run in accordance to the IAAF, ASA and AFS rules and regulations.
RULES & GENERAL INFO
1. Athletes must be ELIGIBLE - members of an affiliated club/prov. Team to qualify as Category winner or you do not need to belong to a club to run any of the races (Adhere to the under mention rule 3)
2. Club athletes dressed in club colours must year and official ASA 2 Licence number on the front and at the back at all times on their vest (year must be 2018)
3. Temp no to be sold for R50 excluding entry fees to individuals not belonging to a club - a must for the different races 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km excluding 5km fun run. The Temp no must be worn in front.
4. Age restriction Min age 42km-20y; 21km-16y; 10km-16y; 5km and less-9years and older.
5. All marshals, traffic authorities and traffic rules must be obeyed. Failing to do so may lead to disqualification.
6. Check point on route. (Keep left at all times) in case of an emergency report to the next water point. Evacuation point will be at the starting and finishing point on the Clarens Plein.
7. All walkers and runners participate at their own risk.
8. Due to the nature of the course no wheelchairs, prams, blades, animals, cyclist or mechanically operated devices are allowed, excluding hearing aids.
9. No seconding will or car allowed on the course are there are sufficient refreshment tables or seconding can only be premitted in the demarcated area of a water point allocated to individuals.
10. Cut off time for 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km & 5km is 12h00.
11. Proof of age must be provided on race day if requested.
12. The organiser reserve the right to return any entry not in keeping with the spirit of the race.
13. All winners need to attend prize giving - if not the athlete needs to inform the head technical official and LOC chairperson of departure.
14. The decision of the organization will be fina; and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Foreign athletes competing for prize money must produce a clearance certificate for their National bodies to compete in SA, handed in to the organisers before the event starts.
16. Emergency Contact numbers: Technical Enslin van Blerk 082 920 5997
Event Organiser: Limodo Sport Events Desiree Opperman 083 630 8534
Safety Officer: Andre Barends 083 267 4357
Contact person: Desiree 083 630 8534
ENTRY FORM AVAILABLE ONLINE AT:
President Plein, Clarens, Clarens
|Address||President Plein, Clarens, Free State|