200 tickets available. PRE entries only.
This will be the 4th edition of this REALLY AWESOME coastal trail!
Please note that we still do the run briefing/race number collection at the Noordhoek Sporstfield. Runners then take a warm-up jog to the “actual start at De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach” This is the famous surf/body board spot on Noordhoek Beach, directly below Chapmans Peak.
Entries close once tickets are sold or latest, 5 August at 12h00.
PRE REGISTRATION/RACE NUMBER COLLECTION/VENUES:
We will also have an early registration in the Southern suburbs for the local runners. Venue/date/times tba.
- Noordhoek Sports field, Katzenellenbogen Rd. Off Noordhoek Main Rd.
- From 5h45-6h45.
- Briefing will be via email.
- Run starts at 7h30 from De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach.
- Low tide is at 10h00. The run will start with a mid and outgoing tide.
- Leave cars at Noordhoek Sporstfield
- Finish – THE HUB Cafe, Scarborough
- Prize giving at 11h00-ish
ENTRY FEE: R300.00 [Incl branded race cap or peak]
Each year, we encourage runners to collect any litter washed out by the ocean or otherwise – even if it just a few small items. It all helps. We will award a First Ascent garment to the individual/pair whom collects the most [quantity] and bring it to the finish line. Quantum Adventures will also employ 3 x individuals a few days before the run to collect litter off the coast in the Soetwater/Witsand area for an entire day. We’ll take pics of the result and post it on social media.
For male and female.
- MASTERS – 50yr plus
- VET: 40 – 49yrs
- SENIOR: 16 – 39yr
DISTANCE: 16km of fantastic coastal trail running! This is a linear run, so please ensure you share cars etc.
PS – It is your responsibility to sort out your return transport from Scarborough. Lift share etc.
See at the bottom of this page – route maps. We will also make the GPS track available to entrants and send the gpx files via email, 1 week before the run. There will be manned check-points on route. We will also have manned, security at places such as the Kakapo wreck and the Crayfish factory areas.
No water tables – you must be self sufficient. There are toilets at the start, Longbeach, Kommetjie and the finish.
Basic route description:
- After briefing, take a warm-up jog to Noordhoek Beach – will take about 15-20mins. Please leave your vehicles at the Sportsfield – you are not permitted to drive and “leave” your vehicle at Noordhoek Beach car park.
- Starting at De Hoek, Noordhoek Beach. Passing Kakapo Wreck and across Kommetjie Beach.
- At the start of Boardwalk veering off into Lighthouse Rd to the Light house.
- Passing through the boom gate to Soetwater, through the manned gate and immediately right and down to the coastal path in Soetwater.
- Along the beach/path all the way to Witsand beach and across onto the Strandloper trail.
- Exit the path in Misty Cliifs where the Marshal will indicate the route and onto the wide, gravel verge off the tarred section – this is a wide section of gravel.
- DO NOT run on the tar road.
- Stay on the right side of this very scenic section, all the way to Scarborough.
- You can cross the tar road to the finish at the First Ascent banners.
- PLEASE be mindful of traffic/cars/motorbikes/cyclists/other road users and people walking.
- Finish at “The Hub” in Scarborough.
- Chill/relax/get warm/order some chow/coffee etc:-)
- Waterproof rain jacket if it looks like rain. Windproof jacket, otherwise.
- Cellular phone
- Mini first aid kit
- Space blanket
- Ipods or similar are banned during the run – it is for your own and other users’ safety
- Emergency contact details will be given to each runner which must be kept with you on route
- Every runner must carry a card on route with their own personal contact details, medical aid details, blood group, emergency contact details, doctor etc
- Should you encounter an emergency and / or injured runner on route, please assist them and contact one of the emergency numbers provided for the run
- All persons entering the races will only be allowed to partake if the indemnity form is signed and you are fully aware that partaking in these events is done so entirely at your own risk
- The organizing bodies/employees/agents or any other persons/organizations/establishments or other personnel involved with the event shall not be liable for any damage, loss, theft, injury, accident or death suffered by any person, howsoever caused, prior to the event, during the event or after the event
- In the event of a medical emergency, the organizing bodies/authorities will use their discretion and follow procedures deemed necessary for evacuation and /or medical assistance thereof
- Stick to the existing trails and do not take shortcuts
- Do not tamper with the vegetation or stray off the trail
- Sorry, no pets allowed on the route
- The run will be timed and each finisher will receive a hand made, coffee/drinks coaster [made from alien vegetation/wood] with the race logo onto it.
- Entries are only confirmed once proof of payment is received. No refund once entered with exception, below – less costs already incurred and Admin fees are charged for refunds at R100.00. No substitutions after 2 days before the race – Thursday at noon, before the run.
- Please, Do NOT run if you are ill, have a history of heart and or other illness that may be detrimental to your health and/or if you have been ill a week to 10 days before the run. If you have entered in this case, we will need a Doctor’s certificate or similar to confirm the above to affect a refund – less costs already incurred by the race organizers.
Noordhoek Sportsfields, Cape Town
Katzenellenbogen Rd, Noordhoek
|Address||Katzenellenbogen Rd, Noordhoek|