Rockies Gerald Fox Memorial Race with G. Fox and Discovery Vitality
15 September 2019
Get fired up this running season with the Vitality Run Series. Complete four of the most iconic races in Joburg and earn Vitality points PLUS a limited edition medal at each race. This is race 4 of 4 in the Series. Whether you’re a first-timer or an avid runner, you can join in on the action.
5KM Fun Run: Start at Zoo Lake Sports Club and finishes in Joburg Zoo.
(closing 2 September 2019)
|21.1km and 10km (60+ years)||21.1km - R90 10km - R70||21.1km -R35 10km - R30|
|5km fun run||R75||-|
- Electronically timed event
- Entries for all races are available online at www.discovery.co.za/vitality/runseries
- Entries are limited to 9 000 entries across all distances.
- For more information, please visit the Rockies Race website on: www.geraldfoxrace.co.za
Friday 13 and Saturday, 14 September 2019, 09h00 – 16h00 10km and 21km at the JHB Zoo main entrance on Upper Park Drive.
Sunday,15 September 2019 before the race event from 05h00
Fri 13, Sat 14 and Sun 15 Sept Fun Run Collections: Moyo at Zoo Lake
Entries will also be available and accepted at the following shops:
(011) 888 9644 Manlam Court, Shop 3/4, 5th St, Linden
The Sweat Shop brances at:
(011) 325 2567 Dunkeld West Centre, Cnr Jan Smuts and Bompas, Dunkeld
(011) 465 9180 Broad Acers Shopping Centre, Valley Road, Broadacers
(011) 450 1847 Bedford Arcade, Van Buuren Rd, Bedfordview
(012) 665 0048, 50 South Downs Shopping Centre, Karee St, Irene
|10km and 21.1km||07h00|
|5km fun run||07h10|
- The 21.1km & 10km race start in Upper Park Drive cnr Ettrick and finishes in the Zoo
- The 5km Fun Run race start is at Zoo Lake Sports Club and finishes in the Zoo
- Please do not park on the race route
- Parking will be available at the Zoo parking lot for R15
- Parking will also be available at Saxonwold Primary School and the War Memorial - No charge
- Parking will be available at Zoo Lake Sports Club for Fun Run entrants: no charge. A bus will be available for lifts back to parking from the Zoo.
- A portion of the race proceeds will be donated to the Johannesburg Zoo. Over R250 000 has been donated to the zoo over the last eight years
- No pets allowed in the Zoo
- Race results will be available two weeks after the race on: www.rockies.co.za or www.geraldfoxrace.co.za
- Race office: [email protected]
072 472 2042 | 084 674 3290 | 063 384 5387
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points
for completing the race.
|Distance Vitality||Fitness points|
|10km||1 100 points|
|21.1km||2 000 points|
Terms, conditions and limits apply
Starts at 9h30
|40 - 49||1||1000||1000||850||850|
|50 - 59||1||850||850||600||600|
|60 - 69||1||600||600||400||400|
|Walkers - 10km|
RULES FOR THE 10KM AND 21.1KM RACES
- The race is held in accordance with the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may be arising out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event, they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 licence number on the back and front of their vests, with the race number worn on the front of their vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 licence numbers must purchase a temporary licence on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary licence on the back of their vest. No temporary licences are issued for marathons or ultra-marathons.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for walkers prizes (if any) must wear walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchair athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organiser. All these participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes.
- The domicilium rule apply.
- Minimum age for participation: 21.1km | 16 years old and 10km | 15 years old.
- Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the race entry/number are eligible for prizes.
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of the IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement has been made with the race organiser.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behaviour, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
- Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
- Cut-off time for all events is 3 hours (10h00)
Fun Run supported by
Discovery Vitality (Pty) Ltd is an authorised financial services provider. Registration number: 1999/007736/07. Limits, terms and conditions apply.
More information: www.rockies.co.za
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|21.1km WAITING LIST ONLY||21 km||07:00||R 160.00 + 9.20|
|10km||10 km||07:00||R 125.00 + 7.19|
|5km||5 km||07:10||R 75.00 + 4.31|
|21.1km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners WAITING LIST ONLY||21 km||07:00||Free|
|10km Grand Master||10 km||07:00||R 90.00 + 5.18|
|10km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||10 km||07:00||Free|
|21.1km Grand Master WAITING LIST ONLY||21 km||07:00||R 90.00 + 5.18|
|5km Great Grand Master||5 km||07:10||Free|
|10km Walkers||10 km||07:10||R 125.00 + 7.19|
|10km Walkers Only - Grand Master||10 km||14:03||R 90.00 + 5.18|
|10km Walkers Only - Great Grand Master & Blind walkers||10 km||07:10||Free|
Johannesburg Zoo, Johannesburg