ORT-UTANO 10KM CHALLENGE
Presented by The Old Edwardian Athletics Club
Virgin Active Old Eds Sports Club,
Cnr 11th Avenue and 4th Street, Lower Houghton, JHB
22 September 2019 – 7h00am
This Race is being held to raise funds for the ORT organization and Utano. Ort SA has trained and
empowered thousands of South Africans in business development, cutting-edge teacher training,
skills development, work readiness programmes and basic computer literacy. Utano is an initiative
that was established to provide support and further develop talented elite athletes and also to
promote a healthy lifestyle in our community – this challenge is one not to be missed!!!!
Starting time is 7h00am. Catch an Uber to be on time and get dropped off at our dedicated
Uber drop off zone.
|Distance||Grandmaster||All other age categories|
|10km - Online Entries||R100||R110|
|10km - Late Entries||R120||R130|
Free entry for Great Grandmasters and blind runners
(Substitution: R20 substitution fee. Only available on Saturday 21 September 2019 at
Online will close 15 September 2019. Late entries will be available from the Old Eds
Electronically timed event – All runners will be timed by Time-me (timing chip
integrated in race number)
(Closing 15 September 2019)
Old Eds Sports Club 011 728 7335
10km – R30
RACE NUMBER COLLECTION
(At The Old Edwardians Club)
20 September | 15h00 to 18h00
21 September | 10h00 to 16h00
22 September | 05h30 to 06h45 (Morning of Race)
Substitutions will only be allowed at the Club on 21 September 2019.
- Secure tog-bag area
- Food and refreshments will be on sale
- No braais – catering will be available at the club
ROUTE AND PROFILE
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points for completing the race
|Distance ||Vitality fitness points|
Terms, conditions and limits apply
- Starts at 8h30
|10km|| 1 st||2 nd||3 rd||4 th||5 th|
Open Men and Women (20-39 years)
|R2 000||R1 000||R500||R300||R200|
Veteran Men and Women (40-49 years)
Masters Men and Women (50-59 years)
Grandmaster Men and Women (60+ years)
|1st Junior Girl and Boy (15-19 years) will receive a R250 voucher|
There will be an additional incentive prize of R1000 for the first male to run sub 30min, and the first female to run sub 35min.
Medals to all finishers.
Lucky draw prizes for all competitors at prize giving, bring your race number!
RULES FOR THE 10KM
- The race is held under the rules of ASA and CGA.
- Athletes indemnify the national, provincial and regional bodies, sponsors and organisers of the race against any or all actions of whatsoever nature, whatever the same may arise out of their participation in the race.
- All athletes participate at their own risk. Athletes acknowledge that by entering the event they are medically fit to participate.
- All athletes must supply the name and contact number of their next of kin on both the race number and entry form.
- Licensed athletes must wear club colours and their 2019 license number on the back and front of their vest, with the race number worn on the front of vest. Licensed athletes who do not wear their 2019 license numbers must purchase a temporary license on the day or face disqualification.
- Temporary licensed athletes must wear plain clothing with the issued temporary license on the back of their vest.
- Athletes competing for category prizes must wear clearly visible age tags of the appropriate size, on the back and front of their running vest.
- No seconding allowed.
- International athletes must provide a clearance letter (from their country of origin) to the organisers and chief referee prior to the start of the event. Prizes will be withheld if this rule is not adhered to.
- Walkers competing for walkers prizes (if any) must wear walker tags on the front and back of their running vest.
- No blades, cyclist or mechanically operated devices allowed in the race.
- No 2, 3 or 4 wheel carts/prams, which are mechanically or manually operated by participants, or wheelchairs athletes will be permitted to participate without special permission granted by the race organiser. All such participants must start at the back of the field.
- No animals/pets are allowed to participate.
- Only South African athletes are eligible for team prizes.
- The domicilium rule applies.
- Minimum age for participation: 10km | 15 years old.
- Prize winners must present their proof of age to the referees before the prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until all the necessary details of the winners are confirmed.
- Only those who have completed all the information required in the
race entry/number are eligible for prizes
- No refunds.
- No earphones, iPods and similar devices are allowed, as they are in contravention of the IAAF rule 144.2b and may lead to disqualification.
- Athletes may not run with another athlete’s race number unless by prior arrangement has been made with the race organiser.
- The race organiser retains the right to refuse entry and reject persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol, who are disorderly, or engage in inappropriate behavior, vandalism or evade paying for admission.
- Athletes who participate without buying a race entry will be disqualified, will not be entitled to any benefits associated with the race and will be liable for a double entry fee charge.
- Habitual offenders (those who regularly participate without purchasing a race entry) will be called to a CGA disciplinary.
- Littering is not allowed. Athletes are to dispose of any litter in appropriate bins and can be disqualified if they litter.
- Cut-off time for all events is 2 hours (9h00).
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 0117287335 or Race Office Number
More information: www.oldeds.co.za/AnnualEvents/RoadRace
Old Eds Sports Club, Johannesburg
|Address||Virgin Active Old Eds Sports Club, Cnr 11th Avenue and 4th Street, Lower Houghton, JHB|