Maluti Multi Sport
Clarens Golden Gate 42.2km - 21.1km - 10km - 5km FunRun
This Clarens Golden Gate 4 in 1 draws its name from the famous Golden Gate National Park just outside Clarens. This National park has some of the rare wildlife species and boasts of rock formations and incredible sunrise and sunsets. This Marathon therefore allows individuals, couples and families to take a weekend away, enjoy the wildlife and participate in the race.
Whether you choose the marathon or the Fun Run distance, the Clarens Golden Gate 4 in 1 is more than just a run.
Rather, it is a spectacular journey through this stunning National Park. The chance to run alongside the mountains is an experience unlike any other, but it is far from the only breath taking moment you’ll enjoy along the way.
All distances are run on tarred roads through the National Park. This allows you as a runner to spend less time checking the track in front of you and more time taking in the spectacular scenery. Walkers are also welcome and there is also a fun run. Medals are awarded to all finishers as well as prizes for top 3 male and female positions in the 42.2km, 21.1km and the 10km.
This is one marathon you can’t afford to miss.
Event will be closed for online entries on Monday 30 September 2019 at 8pm.
Detailed rules are available on https://www.athleticsfs.co.za or on request from the organizers. Do not litter. Dispose of sachets and cups responsibly by using the boxes provided or by carrying them to the finish. Report offenders to the referees. Temporary licence numbers - R50
When: 5th of October 2019
Start: 6:00 am
Where: Glen Reenen, Golden Gate National Park / GPS - S28° 30’ 21.3” E 28° 44’ 39.3”
RACE DISTANCES & TIMES
5 Km Fun Run
Prize Giving: 42.2 km: 10h00 - 21.1 km: 10h00 - 10 km: 9h00 - 5 km: None
Equal Prize Money for Men & Ladies
Prize winners must attend prize giving or else forfeit their prize.
RACE ROUTES & PROFILE
Medals to all finishers of the 42.2km 21.1km, 10km and 5km races.
Walkers welcome in the 5km, 10km and 21.1km races.
No refunds on entry fees paid.
Entries to the races can be done via the following means:
Race Number Collection for Pre Entries:
Saturday 5th of October 2019 - At race venue from 4:00am
Please Note: There will be no collections or entries taken at the race venue the day before the event.
- Temporary Licences = R 50.00.
- No refunds on fees paid.
The 42.2km & 21.1km 10km and 5km Fun Run are PRE-ENTRY ONLY events and none of these entries will be sold the morning of the race.
Entries are limited to:
- 5km Fun Run-unlimited
Clarens Golden Gate Marathon Rules
- The race is run in accordance with the rules of the IAAF, ASA and AFS. Registered athletes must be members of a club affiliated to ASA, wear official club colors and wear two 2019 license numbers on front and back of vest. Numbers may not be altered.
- Race tags for the 42.2km, 21.1km, 10km and 5k must be displayed at all times. Runners found on route without official numbers or tags will be removed from route.
- Non registered athletes running the 10km, 21.1km & 42.2km races must purchase temporary licenses.
- The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry.
- Proof of age to be produced on request (birth certificate or ID document).
- Athletes winning prizes/medals must be present during the award ceremony. An athlete who is not present during the medal ceremony will forfeit his/her prize money.
- NO SECONDING will be permitted on any part of the race route. No vehicle or bicycle will be allowed to follow runners on the route. Any runner who is seconded or followed is liable for disqualification.
- NO advertising of any form may be worn by competitors unless sanctioned by the official sponsors.
- Failure to obey rules, referees, traffic marshals or any race official could result in disqualification.
- There will be no officials, traffic officers, marshals or refreshment station workers in attendance on the route after 12h00.
- Distance boards will be placed at each kilometer.
- All athletes compete at their own risk. Athletes indemnify National, Provincial and Regional bodies, sponsors and organizers of the race against all or any actions whatsoever nature whatever that may arise due to participation in any event.
- License number may only be worn on running top and not on shorts, and must be clearly displayed. The race tag must not cover the ASA license sponsor's logo/s.
- The 42.2km, 21.1km & 10km races are manually timed and is not a qualifier of any sort.
- This is a run clean / litter free event and being caught littering outside the water point zones could lead to disqualification.
- Foreign athletes must fore seen a certificate from the federation country, approved via ASA and hand in before entering the race
Images of the event
Maluti Multi Sport
Golden Gate Highlands National Park, Golden Gate Highlands National Park
|Address||Glen Reenen, Golden Gate Highlands National Park, South Africa|
|City||Golden Gate Highlands National Park|