Mountain Runner Events
Saturday, 28 November 2020
Please see the official site for more details.
08h00 - Merrell Hobbit 38km - R650
09h00 - Merrell Hobbit 16km - R220
09h30 - Merrell Hobbit 5km - R140
- Entrants for the 38km must be 18 years or older on race day
- No refunds, but substitutions are allowed up to three days before the event (for a substitution fee of R75)
- Entries will be available on the day with a late entry fee.
Race entry does not include the following:
- Personal medical and nutritional requirements
- Any snacks or performance nutrition during the event
- Basic medical support is offered for emergencies but excludes helicopter evacuation, or any hospitalization transport, which will be for the participant’s cost.
Registration and start times
- Registration at Arminel Hotel from 07h00 on Saturday, 28 November 2020
- Race Briefing 38km – 7h55
- Race start 38km – 8h00
- Race Briefing 16km – 8h55
- Race start 16km – 9h00
- Race Briefing 5km – 9h25
- Race start 5km – 9h30
- Prize-giving when the majority of runners are finished
Runners Info 38km
- Runners must be self-sufficient for the day, no seconding, and no feeding stations
- There are no water stations on the 38km route. There is adequate water at the many streams along the trail to refill bottles and bladders
- There will be cut off times along the way, after which emergency routes must be followed
- Times per day range between 4 and 10 hours
- Runners must be fit and should have completed at least a 20km trail (not just a dirt road) run recently
- Runners must stick to the marked trail. No short cuts are allowed.
- There will be a sweeper
- There will be checkpoints
- Smile and take in the scenery – that is why you are there!
Compulsory Running Equipment 38km
- Water container min 2l.
- WATERPROOF rain jacket (NOT just a wind breaker)
- Base layer / fleece top
- Base layer – legs/pants
- Buff / Beanie
- Space blanket
- Food/drink for the day
- Basic First aid kit
- Cell phone – emergency numbers will be on your race number.
Optional Running Equipment 16km
- Wind breaker
- Water bottle / bladder
- Food/drink for the run
- Cell phone – emergency numbers will be on the race number.
More information: mountainrunner.co.za/event-links/hobbit-trail-run/
Arminel Hotel, Hogsback
|Address||Hogsback, Eastern Cape|