Louis Trichardt SPCA
Run and Ride for Pets – SPCA LTT
Join us over the next 3 months and take on a series of Bike and Running challenges as fundraising for Louis Trichardt SPCA.
The first challenge will start on Monday 14 September 2020 and run till 14 October 2020. The next challenge will start on 15 October 2020 and end on 15 November 2020 and the final challenge will start on 16 November and end on 16 December 2020.
Please note that this is not an organized event nor a race. It is a socially distanced challenge; you are allowed to cycle or run on your own under the current Covid 19 laws. There are 3 routes in the Hanglip Forest in Louis Trichardt, 5,10, or 20km you can make use of these routes for cycling or running (Off-Road) or alternatively you can run or cycle wherever you are.
It is therefore of the utmost importance that each person read and understand the following RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Please keep at least 2meters from anyone else cycling or running on the route.
- Avoid gathering and physical contact on route.
- Please indicate to the person in front of you that you are going to pass and do so quickly without any physical contact.
- Please remember to wear your face mask.
- No helmet, no ride.
- If you aren't feeling well please stay at home.
- Strictly no spectators allowed.
- You must please leave after your ride/run to avoid social gatherings.
- You can repeat the challenge as many times as you like to improve your time.
Follow these steps to enter and complete the first challenge:
1. Join the Run and Ride for Pets – SPCA LTT club on Strava https://www.strava.com/clubs/runrideforpets_SPCALTT
2. Enter the challenge on EntryNinja https://www.entryninja.com/events/
3. Collect your number and gift at the SPCA Louis Trichardt Legacy Shop
4. Ride or run the routes as many times as you like or ride/run anywhere else
5. After your ride/run make sure you upload your ride/run to Strava. If you are not on Strava you cannot be timed/ranked, and won’t be eligible for a weekly prize.
Cost: R200 p/p for every month Or R500 for all 3 months. All proceeds will go to SPCA Louis Trichardt.
Free gift with each entry.
Collect your free gift and race number at the Legacy Shop at the SPCA in Louis Trichardt with proof of payment.
Make sure that you have your own hydration. No littering.
NO SUBSTITUTIONS ALLOWED!
Please follow signage and be especially aware of any hazard signs.
How to get to Hanglip nature reserve in Louis Trichardt from Polokwane side:
Stay on the N1 towards Musina, at the last traffic circle near the Caltex, turn left onto Stubbs Street. Follow to the Stop sign at Mount Fuji Motors and turn right onto Forestry Street, follow the road to the boom gates at Hanglip Nature reserve.
From Musina side: At the first traffic circle in LTT at the Caltex, turn right into Stubbs street. Follow to the Stop sign at Mount Fuji Motors and turn right onto Forestry Street, follow the road to the boom gates at Hanglip Nature reserve.
The route starts at the main entrance of the Hanglip Nature reserve. The route is marked with orange posters with black arrows with the SPCA logo. 5,10 and 20km routes.
Again - This is not an event. It is a socially distanced challenge for you to do alone in your own time to support the SPCA in Louis Trichardt with much-needed funds due to Covid-19.
Please be Covid 19 safe.
Hanglip Forest Reserve, Burger St, Louis, Makhado Local Municipality
|Address||Hanglip Forest Reserve, Burger St, Louis Trichardt, South Africa|
|City||Makhado Local Municipality|