The North West XCO Championships is organised and presented by Un(LTD) Cycling with all participating athletes at the focal point. The athletes' satisfaction, well-being and enjoyment of the race are the organisers' primary goals. We aim to deliver an unsurpassed and unforgettable mountain bike experience. The event will be a Cycling South Africa sanctioned event giving all licensed riders of all ages the opportunity to compete for regional colours.
- Online entries close at 21 October 2020 at midnight
- Riders to collect their race boards at the Un(LTD) Cycling, Deli& Coffee shop at 15 William Str, Wilkoppies, Klerksdorp from Friday 13:00 till 18:00 and Saturday from 06:30 to 14:00. Boards will not be issued at the venue
- https://youtu.be/POAHbO1eWS8 (Credit to Niël Van Der Walt):
- The course is a cross country (XC) MTB track that consists of flat sections, rocky terrain, man maid and natural obstacles running to a mountainous area and back giving the racer a challenging but save riding experience. The difficult level is estimated between 2 and 3 out of 5 thus ridable for the average mountain biker.
- Short course: distance of 3km and 11m elevation gain per lap. The course is safe for the age groups with compulsory B lines where challenging obstacles exists (Nippers & Sprogs).
- Standard course: distance of 5.1km and 68m elevation gain per lap. The course is more challenging but doable and is the same course raced by the scholars taking part in the Spur MTB League. Obstacles are all ridable especially at lower pace giving the new rider the opportunity still to compete (Sub-Juniors to Grand Masters).
- Standard course with extended climb: distance of 5.7km per lap and 93m elevation gain per lap (Junior Men, Under-23 Men, Elite Men). The course is exactly the same than the standard course just with the extended climb.
Riders will not have the opportunity to take part in a practice round to familiarise themselves with the terrain and obstacles on the course before the race starts due to the Covid-19 regulations of lessor than 500 people per event(subject to change closer to the event date). The park is however permanently open to the public thus riders will be able to access the course during the week and Friday afternoon prior to the race.
The race will follow a standard XCO race program as indicated but not limited to the sequence as published. The final program will be published on Friday afternoon before 18:00. Riders need to be in the parking area at a maximum of 1 hour before the start time and will be allowed in the race village 30min before the start time
See the race program HERE
NW Colours criteria:
- All age categories with a CSA license are open for NW colour accreditation
- Min participant of 5 per category for position one, two and three to qualify
- Min participant of 3 per category for position one to qualify
- A North West XCO leaders jersey for position one and a North West XCO jersey for position two and three will be designed and available for purchase after a combined order has been placed after the event
- Riders from all provinces are allowed to compete for podium however the North West colours will only be allocated to riders residing in the North West Province.
All requirements as stipulated in the COMMENCEMENT OF SPECIALIZED CYCLING TRAINING AND EVENTS DULING LOCKDOWN LEVEL 3, issued 13 July 2020 will be adhere to with the exception of the following minor amendments as published by CSA:
- A valid CSA membership or day license to be able to participate in sanctioned cycling event
- Screening at the main entrance of the race village. Riders will register via a screening application before the event sent via a sms/email. When entering the venue a temperature screening will take place of which the rider submits the reading via the application. All rider’s Covid-19 detail will be logged via the application on a central database
- All riders and staff must wear a mask. Riders will only remove their masks in the last minute before the start
- No gathering pre or post-event – riders are to enter the race village 30min before his/her specific category start time via the entrance at Parking 1, ride and leave the event immediately after completion via the exit at Parking 2
- No Spectators permitted in common areas only in the vehicles in the parking area, however there will be a spectator point limited <50 on the far end of the track
- Only 1 appointed person per rider in the technical zone
- Events limited to <500 people (participants and staff all included on the day)
- Groups will be seeded per age category and according to their national index for the North West Province if available
- Starting grids with 1,5m social distancing to be applied (E.g. Formula 1)
- Social distancing of 2m or more when moving around on the terrain
- Avoid close contact with anyone who has a cough
- Prize giving will take place as per program – riders will also be accredit online via live streaming on the presenting sponsor’s Facebook page when entering the finishers booth and final result as per FinishTime online portal
- Limited catering will be provided – no sit down
CLASSES AND PRICING
All XCO categories – R200, CSA day license of R50 if not a licensed rider. ALL riders must be licensed
Coordinates: (-26.828369, 26.688938)
Address: Matlosana Trail Park
Province: North West
Matlosana Trail Park, Klerksdorp
|Address||Matlosana Trail Park|