Join us for the Winter Prestige Trail Run Series 2019, the top of the crop hand-built trails around Pretoria’s outskirts.
The BLACK-EDITION Prestige Puzzle MedalWhen you cross the finish line at each of the events you will receive a selected piece of your medal. Once you have completed all 4 events you will have one complete 110mm Prestige Trail Run Medal. We will kick off the series @ Tierpoort Adventure Farm with the base medal, event 2, 3 & 4 will consist of the inner medals.
***The first 600 entries will receive their medals on the day, the rest will receive them after the event***
Run-A-Way SportFor a prestige event we can't just partner up with anyone except for the best. Run-A-Way Sport is very well known in the trail & road running industry and they will be our partner of choice. Number collections will take place on the Friday prior to each event of the Prestige Trail Run Series - The Best Local Trail Collection @ Run-A-Way Sport between 3 & 5pm. They will also be sponsoring running merchandise & vouchers at each event. Pop in at their shop and see what they offer!
Legends Craft Beer & Cider on TapParticipating in a prestige event means prestige craft beer AND cider will be on sale at each event. For this series Legends Brewery will be the supplier of choice. They will serve Lager, Cookies & Cream Ale & Gin Ice Tea on tap. #LegendsDrinkLegends
Official Vitality Racing Event (VRE)Taking part in race events is a great way to stay motivated to exercise regularly – from a 5km fun run to an endurance event such as a cycle race or marathon. To celebrate all levels of event participation of our Vitality members, we have expanded our race event calendar to include any timed and verified race event in the disciplines of cycling, walking/running, swimming and major multisport events. This means you are able to compete both locally and in international events – and be rewarded for it.
Back To Basics Nutrition
The Back to Basics range includes two supplementary drinks, both are Low GI, enriched with fibre, vitamins and mineral fortified. They come in single-serve sachets, in a variety of flavours.
Back to Basics – Nutrition nutritional supplements are the result of 20 years research and offer the advantage of sustained energy release over a period of 4 to 5 hours vs traditional supplements that are sugar based [High GI] and provide energy for approximately one hour, followed by a feeling of exhaustion and hunger.Visit the Back To Basic Online Store
Our venues will be:
TAF (Tierpoort Adventure Farm) – 7 July 2019, Sunday - Starts at 9am Windy Brow – 28 July 2019, Sunday - Starts at 9am Rosemary Hill Trails – 25 August 2019, Sunday - Starts at 8.30am
- Kaia Manzi – 29 September 2019, Sunday - Starts at 8am
- Hazeldean Valley Trail - The Bonus Round - 24 November 2019, Sunday - Starts at 7am
Please remember that Kaia Manzi resort ask a R20/pp gate fee(until 9am whereby it will return to the standard rate of R85pp & R65/car) for the use of their premises(braai facilities, pool & super tube access, cleaning, electricity, water, ablution facilities etc) so bring the whole family to enjoy the day out.
Registration & Number Collection will open 2 hours before the start time, on the day entries will be accept at a R30 surcharge(if the entry limit has not been reached). We accept Credit Cards, Cash & Snapscan
How it works
- Enter for all four races and receive a free T-Shirt, you can enter them individually to qualify for the aforesaid, Shirt handed out from 2nd event onwards
- Each race you complete will consist of a partial individual medal, after completing all four events your huge 11cm Prestige medal will be complete.
- Distances at all venues will consist of 21, 15, 10 & 5km
- Vitality: As a VRE(Vitality Race Event) partner, we will submit the results within 48 working hours to Vitality, if you are a Vitality member you won't have to do anything at all.
Number Collections, Registrations & Late Entries
- Sunday, 29 September 2019: At Kaia Manzi venue from 7am onwards
Number Collection will open 2 hours before the start time, on the day entries will be accepted at a R30 surcharge(if the entry limit has not been reached). We accept Cash, Credit Cards, Zapper & Snapscan
Distances, Entry Fees & Start Times
6 Reasons why you should pre-enter
- Avoid disappointment if we have to close entries if event becomes overbooked, so secure your entry now
- Assist the organisers to plan The Prestige nutritional points along the route, participants of event #1 will understand what we mean.
- Secure your medal when you cross the finish line (A late entrant may be required to collect his/her medal of event #2 at the next Prestige event)
- Save R30 on surcharge
- Much faster queues for pre-entrants which allows more time to stretch those legs while sipping on your gourmet coffee
|Pricing - Individual event|
|10km (Hikers allowed)||08:30||R160|
|5km (Hikers allowed)||08:45||R110|
Your entry will include:
- Great scenic and very well marked routes, loads of single track, jeep track Á farm roads
- Fully stocked waterpoints
- Earn Vitality Points
- National Trail Seeding Event
- Ample parking
- LIVE Timing
What else is there?
- Chill zone
- Gourmet food stands
- Craft Beer presented by Legends Brewery
- Gourmet coffee
The Rules (Things that might get you disqualified)
- #runclean initiative. Runners who litter on the trails or race village will immediately be disqualified
- Good sportsmanship which means no pushing, shoving or swearing towards anyone on the trails and at the race village
- Organisers decision are final
- Any appeals must be in writing & will require proof of GPS file which will be checked on the day
- Participants shall behave politely towards each other, all race staff, land owners, marshalls, medics & everyone involved and abide by the organisers guidance and instructions.
Prize Structure (Male & Female)
Prize giving will start at 12pm, 3 hours after the first distance starts to allow enough time for all age category prize winners to finish on the 21km route, lucky draw prizes will follow shortly thereafter. All podium and lucky draw prize winners MUST be present to collect their prize. No exceptions will be made.
|Individual Event Prizes||Overall Series Prizes(GC)|
No laps - Epic Scenery
21km(470hm) - Route Profile
The 21km route will consist of 380m elevation. The trail will consist of single track, cattle paths, jeep track & forest sections. There will be 3x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 21km is not for the faint hearted but will surely be worth the run!
15km(320hm) - Route Profile
The 15km route will consist of 290m elevation. The trail will have the best collection of single track, cattle paths, jeep track & forest sections over the shortest distance. There will be 2x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 15km is great for runners who would like to do a bit more than 10km but are not ready for the 21km yet but would still like to have fun.
10km(320hm) - Route Profile
The 10km route will consist of 180m elevation. The trail will have single track, cattle paths, jeep track & forest sections. There will be 2x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 10km is very popular among weekend warriors Á runners who would like to challenge themselves.
5km(320hm) - Route Profile
The 5km route will consist of 115m elevation. The trail will have single track, cattle paths & jeep track. There will be 1x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 5km is designed for family, friends, hikers & anyone who would like to be part of the Prestige Trail Run Series.
Kaia Manzi, Bronkhorstspruit
|Route information||1From Pretoria take the N4 towards Cullinan / Bronkhorstspruit / Nelspruit and exit at the Bronhorstspruit - Ekundustria off ramp.55 Km.2At the end of the off ramp turn right (away from Bronkhorstspruit)5 Km.3At the stop turn left towards Bronkhorstspruit
1 Km.4At the road marked as Bronkhorstbaai / Kunkweni turn right.
4 Km.5At Kunkweni's entrance gate turn right and follow the signs to Kaia Manzi.
|Address||P.O. Box 2783 Bronkhorstspruit 1020 South Africa|