Audax South Africa
Gauteng Audax 200km from Cafe du Cirque, on Sunday 24th January 2021
A specially modified 200km BRM to account for Covid Restrictions starting from Cafe du Cirque in Daleside.
A reminder that Audax rides must be considered private excursions and you are merely provided with a route to follow. You ride the route entirely at your own risk, are responsible for your own safety and to make your own arrangements in the event that you have any mechanical or medical problems.
In a significant change from previous BRMs, there will be no briefing, no organisers at the start venue and you have a 2 hour window to start in. You are also not required to get your card signed at controls - you can stop if you wish or just ride past the controls. Based on these changes, there are no gatherings, and this qualifies as permitted personal exercise.
Entry close date: Entries close at 23h59 the Wednesday before the start.
Entry fee: AudaxSA is a non profit organisation and entry fees reflect this. The entry fee for this BRM is R150. The entry fee provides you with the following:
- Emailed brevet card
- Emailed map and cue sheet
- Downloadable GPS route file
- Homologation of your ride
- A medal
Route: The route is still being finalised. With the final instructions, you will receive a PDF route map & cue sheet and a link to RideWithGPS where you can download the final GPS route.
- These are subject to change, as regulations change.
- Please self-assess your health before leaving home and don't come if you have any symptoms of Covid-19, or have been exposed to Covid-19 in the last 10 days.
- You have a two hour window to start in - 05h00 to 07h00. Ideally people living close to the venue should start close to 5am, while those living further away will naturally start later. We recommend that you organise beforehand to ride with a small number of people for safety. Please make your own arrangements prior to the start.
- Please ensure that you wear a mask or buff at all times as required by Covid-19 regulations, except while engaged in vigorous exercise.
- You will be emailed a brevet card. Please print it out, but there is no need to get it signed at controls. Please just fill in your own times at the start, at the controls and at the finish and sign your own card once you have finished.
- Validation will be done based on Strava. To be homologated, you need to:
- Upload the ride to Strava
- Mark the ride as public
- Email a link to your Strava activity and a photo/ scanned image of your signed brevet card to [email protected]
- Medals will be distributed at the next BRM where we are able to run with a normal start again.
Route safety: You are entirely responsible for your own safety. The organisers provide no support of any kind on the route. Take note that much of the route takes place on narrow roads. For safety we recommend that you ride in single file. Only ride two abreast where it is safe to do so and never ride more than two abreast.
Equipment: Please ensure that your equipment is in good working order.
Cards: Please fill out your card properly, sign it and email it to us as set out above. Medals are only earned after homologation has been completed and are distributed at the next BRM that we are able to run with normal start.
Keep to the route: Please note that you are not permitted to choose your own route between controls – you must follow the route provided.
Withdrawal: If you need to withdraw for any reason, please notify us. The number to call will be on your brevet card.
The Rules: Please familiarize yourself with the rules of Audax Cycling http://audaxsa.co.za/rules/
Support: Please note that support vehicles are only allowed at the controls and not on the route.
Social media and links:
- Like our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/AudaxSouthAfrica/
- Send a message to 082 453 2852 if you wish to be added to the Audax Randonneurs WhatsApp group.
- Please note that the schedule of events on http://audaxsa.co.za/schedule/ is subject to change, depending on what is possible under Covid-19 regulations.
- Check out our AuRaSAN Cycling Club on Strava https://www.strava.com/clubs/267227
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Café du Cirque, Midvaal Local Municipality
|Address||Café du Cirque|
|City||Midvaal Local Municipality|