Come enjoy some spectacular trail riding and do some good at the same time.
Following the spectacular success of our open weekend in October 2020, we’ve been inundated with requests to do it again. So, LET’S ROLL! And run…
We’re excited to announce that we’re doing it all again, with the addition of a trail run route this time round.
As with last year’s open weekend, proceeds raised will go toward the Piket-Bo-Berg Residents Association - the usual beneficiaries of the PBB Cycle Challenge and Trail Run. The association is heavily reliant on the funds generated from the weekend to continue with its development initiatives.
Keen? Of course you are… The eBikers even, yeah, we love you too and you’re more than welcome.
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Nobody’s going racing. It’s not even an event, it’s just a lekker ‘happening’ - a run and ride!
- Trail Runner’s can tackle an 18km route on Mouton’s Valley Farm. For those wanting something shorter, there are “shortcuts’ off the route.
- Passes are highly limited (300 per route).
- There are three distances (45km, 30km, 25km) available with different starting points on three separate farms, offering you the opportunity to tailor your mountain adventure. See the maps below for elevations.
- If the longer distance is sold out, simply buy a pass for the shorter route and do that first, and then move on to the next farm and route. If you know, you know!
- The price is the same for all three routes. (You can purchase a ‘DAY PASS’ or a ‘WEEKEND PASS’ which allows you to ride Saturday and Sunday).
- There will be coffee, soft drinks and food available for sale at the start of Route A (Moutons Valley farm).
- Each route will have a water point to refill water bottles.
You have to start at the route (45km, 30km, 25km) for which you purchased a pass. This is for us to comply with social distancing protocols.
Route A(45km) will start on Mouton's Valley Farm.
Route B(30km) will start on Bugler's Post Farm.
Route C(25km) will start on Retreat Guest Farm.
Trail Run Route(18km) will start on Mouton's Valley Farm.
Route A's location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/8oxLTMSrYxdq2LXs6
Route B's location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/9FwDdoytR6vfPJSD8
Route C's location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/rhEGdGr1vcDkNZAc9
Trail Run Route location pin: https://goo.gl/maps/8oxLTMSrYxdq2LXs6
Route Maps and elevations:
Passes are available exclusively on Entry Ninja – no passes will be sold on the day.
- Cycling Weekend Pass: R450
- Gives you access to all three routes for Saturday & Sunday.
- Cycling Day Pass: R250
- Gives you access to all three routes for Saturday OR Sunday
- Trail Run Day Pass: R200
- Gives you access to the trail run route on Mouton's Valley Farm for Saturday OR Sunday
- TRAILS OPEN FROM: 7:00
- Start your first route any time between 7:00 and 10:00 and head over to the next route if you choose to
- CUT-OFF TIME TO START A NEW ROUTE: 13:00
Pass sales will close on 15 April 2021.
An additional donation to the PBBRA (on the Entry Ninja Platform) would be very much appreciated.
- No spectators allowed
- No pets allowed
- Park at your start point
- Sign in and out at the registration point on the farm where you start
- Please sanitize and maintain social distancing
More information: www.facebook.com/pbbtrails