Pretoria Boys High School
DEMO EVENT - no entries here are considered accurate, and all test entries will be removed before officially opening the event.
Following the success of the 2019 event, Pretoria Boys High School is proud to announce that the PBHS 24hr & 6hr Mountain Bike Relay Challenge will be taking place on Saturday 4 September 2021.
Event Distances and Categories
Entry Type (Solo/Team)
Entry Fee 2021
Age Limit per Distance
24hr (4 members)
24hr (6 members)
6hr (4 members)
6hr (6 members)
24hr School team (4 members)
6hr School team (4 members)
Held on the school grounds, the route requires riders to complete as many 6 kilometer laps as possible in the 24 or 6 hour race period. Featuring 50 meters of climbing per lap, the route is made up of jeep track, single tracks and sections across the car parks and sport fields of the school. Man-made obstacles provide additional challenges for those with the technical skills to take them on, while A and B lines are provided for each technical feature – allowing the less skilled riders to safely skirt the hazards.
Off the bike there will be a festive atmosphere throughout the event, ensured by food trucks and complimentary camping for all riders.
The action kicks off on Saturday morning, on the 4th of September at 10:00am for the 24 hour race; and at 14:00 for the 6 hour event. Prize giving will take place at 10:00am on Sunday morning. For more information and to stay updated on all the news and important announcements, like the event’s Facebook page: PBHS MTB Challenge.
Tents can be booked upon checkout @ R1000
- set up and break down of tents,
- 3x3m canvas tent (sleeps 2),
- with two beds,
- with high density mattresses,
- luxury soft linen per bed (duvet, sheet, pillow),
- with a side table and table cloth
- Procedure and protocol are slightly different during the COVID-19 pandemic, but necessary to ensure the ongoing organisation of events during lockdown.
- Only paid pre-entries will be accepted. There will be no late entries or unpaid entries available at the venue. This eliminates unnecessary queueing and promotes social distancing.
- Only participants may be allowed on the venue on event day due to COVID-19 regulations, no spectators may be allowed. This will be communicated to participants closer to the time.
- All participants will need to familiarise themselves with and abide by the COVID-19 event regulations that will be applied at the time of the event. This will be communicated to participants closer to event day.
- Start times may be altered closer to the time based on Covid-19 regulations.
- Entries will close when capacity is reached. Should the event entry numbers be reduced due to Covid-19 related reasons, only the first paid entrants will be accepted on a first in last out basis.
- Should the event be cancelled due to COVID-19 related reasons, every entrant shall be entitled to a full refund of their entry fee.
- No refund shall be given in the event that a participant cancels their entry into the event. The event organiser may consider a refund under exceptional circumstances such as illness and/or any other extraordinary circumstance. In that case, the Event Organiser will evaluate a request for refund on its merits and such refund shall be at the discretion of the Event Organiser.
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 2 - 8 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)||2 person team (pp)||4 person team (pp)||6 person team (pp)||8 person team (pp)|
|24 Hour Solo||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||R 570.00||-||-||-||-|
|24 Hour 2 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||-||R 515.00||-||-||-|
|24 Hour 4 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||-||-||R 475.00||-||-|
|24 Hour 6 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||-||-||-||R 471.66||-|
|24 Hour 8 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||-||-||-||-||R 462.50|
|24 Hour School Team (4 Members)||6 km per Lap | 24 Hours||10:00||-||-||R 387.50||-||-|
|6 Hour Solo||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||R 285.00||-||-||-||-|
|6 Hour 2 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||-||R 257.50||-||-||-|
|6 Hour 4 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||-||-||R 245.00||-||-|
|6 Hour 6 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||-||-||-||R 231.66||-|
|6 Hour 8 Person Team||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||-||-||-||-||R 225.00|
|6 Hour School Team (4 Members)||6 km per Lap | 6 Hours||14:00||-||-||R 193.75||-||-|
Pretoria Boys High School, Pretoria
|Address||Pretoria Boys High School, Roper St, Brooklyn, Pretoria, South Africa|