The Outeniqua GravelGrinder based in Knysna, 3 nights and 3 days, a social, cycling and culinary experience you can share with a group of colleagues or friends. The routes are designed to accommodate gravel and mountain bikes. E-bikes are very popular on tour.
At around 55 to 60 km per day , it's long enough to be a challenge but short enough to leave you with some energy to enjoy the afternoon.
All the info can be found here: Outeniqua Experience
- 3 days and 3 nights in the luxury suites at Knysna Hollow Country Estate
- 3 x breakfasts, lunches and dinners in top class restaurants
- A selection of great wines of the Western Cape (part of package)
- Local and well known beers available at lunch and dinner (part of package)
- 3 x major water-points fully loaded
- Multiple, minor water and coke support points during the rides
- ER24 Medic and ambulance service always on call following the group.
- Spectacular Outeniqua forests, mountains and coastline.
- Dense indigenous forests
- Different terrain each day
- Remote gravel roads and tracks
- Luxury accommodation sharing
- Private luxury single rooms available
- Fully supported
- Your own group - great social
- Non-Rider companion packages available with tours and entertainment, experiencing the attractions of Knysna and surrounding Garden Route area.
The Knysna Hollow Country Estate has 50m2 bedrooms with bathrooms en-suite, lovely gardens and pool areas. Lots of space in great surroundings.
We take you out beyond Storms River to ride along the Tsitsikamma Coast, a scenic route along the sea cliffs, forest plantations and dairy farms. The last section is a dip down into the old Storms River Gorge pass completed by Thomas Bain in 1884. It has a perfect climbing slope of 1:15 for the old wagons. We finish with lunch in Storms River Village.
We drop you off at the old Beervlei Hut above the Seven Passes road, the route climbs through some dense indigenous forest and then enters a fynbos area on the slopes of the Outeniqua mountains above Bergplaas area. We follow a contour fire road until we drop down onto the old Bergplaas Road, and follow the Diep River down to the Forestry Station. A quick climb over to the farmland escarpment and then we descend into the lakes district and meander along until we enter the town of Wilderness, where we have a well earned lunch at the famous Pomodoro Restaurant. It's the toughest day of the three, but a lot of the elevation gain can be attributed to "momentum" climbs on the rolling hilly terrain, so it's not too severe.
We drop you off above the Keurbooms River area and head through indigenous forest to Diepwalle, from here we head down the Kom se Pad road and end up at the pick-up point in the Gouna River gorge. For those that are still feeling frisky, they can climb out of the gorge and head back down to the Knysna Hollow for check-out and lunch.
More information: www.karoogravelgrinder.com/
Knysna, Garden Route, Knysna
|Address||Knysna Hollow Country Estate|