Run The Vines is a series of trail runs that started in March 2015 when the owner of Onsite Events decided to host events that will encourage family and friends, young and old to have a healthy lifestyle by taking part in events that will accommodated all fitness levels.
The fact that the novice runner to the more serious runner can run with family and friends on a different wine farm every month while enjoying the good food, wine, hospitality and music after their run, surely contributes to the success of the series.
This year's series will again consist of 14 runs out of which you will have to do a minimum of 12 runs to be able to qualify for the 12 bottles of wine.
Runners that pre-enter for the series will also receive a Moisture Management T-Shirt and a cap as part of their series entry. The design will as always depict the fact that you entered for the series. This unique shirt will not be for sale to any other runners.
Runners can downgrade to any distance at any time, but will have to pay the difference should they wish to upgrade.
- Personilised running number that you will keep and bring with to every event. You will still have to pre-enter online at no charge just to confirm your participation for that specific event. If you pre-enter and bring your running number with you, you will not have to stand in the queue at registration. You can just pitch and run. If however you did not confirm your participation online you will still have to register at the event to let us know that you are there.
- A free invite to the awards dinner after the last event in December 2022. Runners are welcome to bring a guest at an extra cost that will be confirmed before the event.
- 12 Bottles of wine at the awards dinner in December 2022 if you finish 12 of the 14 runs.
- 10% Discount on all Run The Vines merchandise.
Only 20 Early Bird and 50 normal series entries will be sold!!
5km - R1 700
10km - R2 000
17km - R2 400
Normal entries for the series will be R120 for the 5km, R140 for the 10km and R170 for the 17km or longer.
The price will only increase if the run is in conjunction with a festival and the hosting farm are charging us extra for the festival.
All events will be timed with Webscorer and your R10 timing fee per event is included in the entry.
Water points will not be the same at all events. It all depends on the route.
Please try to be self sufficient with regards to your own hydration.
Starting times for events:
Summer: 17km - 7:15, 10km - 7:45 and 5km - 8:00
Winter: 17km - 7:30, 10km – 8:00 and 5km – 8:15
Medals for all finishers.
Planned dates and farms:
- 15 January 2022 - Saturday - Ayama Slent Farm Paarl
- 5 February 2022 - Saturday - Doolhof Wines Wellington
- 5 March 2022 - Saturday - Mellasat Vineyards Paarl
- 2 April 2022 - Saturday - Landskroon Wines Paarl
- 7 May 2022 - Saturday - Val Du Charron Wellington
- 18 Junie 2022 - Saturday - Welbedaght Wines - Wellington
- 23 Julie 2022 - Saturday - Vrede & Lust Simondium
- 9 August 2022 - Tuesday - Olsen Private Vinyeards - National Women's Day - Paarl
- 20 August 2022 - Saturday - Slanghoek Kelder - Slangoek
- 3 September 2022 - Saturday - Windmeul Paarl - In conjunction with the Waterblommetjie Festival
T's and C's - We will try to stay to the dates and venues as per the calendar. Because we deal with working farms some changes might take place. If this happens you will be notified in time.
You can also join our Facebook page at ww.facebook.com/groups/1532193470394888
Our new website www.onsite-events.co.za is also up and running. Visit our calendar to see all the other events that not form part of the series. Please visit our site for more info on what else we do!!
Please never leave your valuables in the car. We always have a safekeeping area at registration.
More information: www.runthevines.co.za
Ayama Slent Farm, Paarl
|Address||Ayama Slent Farm, Voor Paardeberg Road, Windmeul|