Overberg MTB Events
A 2 day MTB Stage race hosted at the World Class Boutique Hotel in Plettenberg Bay: Sky Villa.
Details on Accommodation:
- Accommodation will include Hotel Rooms at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Villa One and The Bungalow, and reservations will be on a first come first, serve basis.
- Entries are limited to this event.
The All-Inclusive Entry Package includes:
- Accommodation at one of the Cape Summer Villas in Plettenberg Bay.
- All meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel.
- All permits including Cairnbrogie, MTO Garden Route and Sanparks.
- ENTRY to the LIVE Music show at Sky Villa on Saturday featuring Matthew Mole from 3pm - 7pm
- A Bottle of complimentary Wine
- A Designer Rider Pouch from POCKETSOCKET
- Pair of Custom designed SOX footwear
- Event Buff
All Entry Options:
Solo Entry (Accommodation at Sky Villa Included):
Solo occupancy: R8 100
- A Two (2) night stay in a double room at Cape Summer Villas (single occupancy)
- All meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon
- ENTRY to the LIVE music show at Sky Villa on Saturday featuring Matthew Mole from 3pm - 7pm
- Event entry
- Goody Bags
Solo Entry ( (Accommodation at Sky Villa Included):
Shared accommodation: R5 850
- A Two (2) night stay in a twin room (2 pax) at Cape Summer Villas.(shared accommodation)
- All meals from Friday evening to Sunday afternoon at Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Plettenberg Bay
- ENTRY to the LIVE show at Sky Villa on Saturday featuring Matthew Mole from 3pm - 7pm
- Event Entry
- Goody Bag
Solo Entry (Accommodation Excluded): R3 000
- Dinner on Friday night, and lunch on Saturday and Sunday
- Event Entry
- Goody Bag
Solo Entry (no extras): R1 500
Spouse/Partner sharing accommodation (not riding): R1 000 for 2 nights.
R1 000 per person for all meals.
Saturday 12 March 2022
Stage 1: The best of Plett: Cairnbrogie, MTO and Harkerville combo
Start time: 8am
Venue: Cairnbrogie Farm
Cairnbrogie Farm is situated on the Plett Airport Road in the ecologically sensitive twenty kilometre stretch of unspoiled coastline between Robberg Nature Reserve and Harkerville State Forest. The area is known as the Robberg Coastal Corridor (RCC) and has beautiful coastal land and links the Robberg Nature Reserve in the east to the Garden Route National Park in the west. MTO has recently developed a network of trails consisting of 16km single track between Cairnbrogie and Sanparks, Harkerville. This new edition in 2021 is a welcoming attribute to the forest trails in this region. Riders will experience beautiful forestry trails before moving on to magnificent sea views on cliff edges and the well known Harkerville Red Route before returning back to Cairnbrogie. Indeed a perfect balance of jeep and single track routes, that will keep riders enticed all the way. The route is magnificent, but challenging, and requires a decent level of mountain bike skill and fitness.
Distance: 70km ; Elevation : 1350m
Sunday: 13 March 2022
Stage 2: Sky Villa - The Ultimate trail collection
Long Route : 46km
Short route: 26km:
Start time: 8am
Venue: Sky Villa Plett Boutique Hotel
Cape Summer Villas Boutique Collection have created a bio-diverse, eco-estate with specialist mountain bike trails in the middle of Plettenberg Bay. For the first time since the inaugural opening of the trails at Sky Villa, we will be presenting a brand new route designed for a marathon stage. This will include a variety of flowing but punchy climbs and exhilarating descents, The short route will boast a elevation of approximately 750 meters in the short distance of 30km, whilst the long route will get the heartrates going a little longer to complete a distance of 50km and approximately 1000m of climbing. If you want to race this, the route is tough, and certainly not to be underestimated. The reward of these custom made flowing single tracks and the stunning views over Keurboomstrand and Plettenberg Bay certainly makes up for a tough day in the saddle.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Solo Occupancy||130 km Long/100km Short||R 8,100.00|
|Shared Accommodation||130 km Long/100km Short||R 5,850.00|
|Solo Entry - No Accommodation, includes dinner on Friday night and two lunches (Saturday and Sunday) at Sky Villa||130 km Long/100km Short||R 3,000.00|
|2 Day MTB Stage Event that is excluding meals||130 km Long/100km Short||R 1,500.00|
Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Plettenberg Ba, Plettenberg Bay
|Address||Sky Villa Boutique Hotel, Plettenberg Bay, South Africa|