RULES AND GENERAL INFORMATION
1. Start time: The 42.2 km will start at 5:30 both the 21.1 km and 10km will start at 6h00 whilethe 5kmfun run will start 30 minutes later.
2. Route: All the races will use the same route. Any athlete found cutting corners or running outside demarcation areas, will face disqualification not only for prizes but also for all finishers’ awards and placing in the final results.
3. Entries:Registration will open at 4h00 to 6h15 on race day (No free T-shirts, price will R150) Athletes may register for the race at Shikhumba Filling Station (Shikhumba Village) before race date or online www.shikhumbamarathon.co.za. Manual & online entries will be opening on 04 April 2022 and closing on 16 September 2022 (42.2km, first 100 will get Dri Fit golf shirts, 21.1km & 10km first 50 will get Dri-Fit shirts & 5km first 50 will get normal t-shirts.
4. Entry fee is not refundable.
5. Prize giving: prize giving will commence at 10h00
6. Age restriction: 42.2 Km & 21.1 km (16 yrs& older), 10 km (15 yrs& older), 5 km (9 yrs& older)
7. Age categories: Athletes may only qualify in the category in which they entered plus the open category. All age category runners including juniors must wear the relevant age category tags clearly visible on the front and back of their vests (upper body clothing), in order to qualify for awards. Proof of age will be required for age category prizes.
8. All fun run participants will be eligible for lucky draw prizes.
9. In order to claim your prize you shall prove your identity by means of ID or passport.
10. All athletes indemnify the national and provincial sponsors as well as race organizers of the competition against claims of whatsoever nature which may arise due to participation in the competition. Athletes participate in their own risk.
11. Foreign athletes participating in the competition shall comply with IAAF Rule 4.
12. No lap tops, headphones or portable radios are allowed to be used (IAAF Rule 144.2)
13. The race will be run according to the rules of IAAF, ASA and Limpopo Athletics.
14. All traffic and race officials shall be obeyed at all time (ASA Rule 21.4).
15. Athletes are not permitted to run with animals (ASA Rule 21.4.1).
16. Athletes do not need to belong to a club to participate in the race; temporary license will be used in an event where an athlete does not have a permanent licence.
17. All runners must have race numbers in front and a temporary/permanent license number at the back of the running vest.
18. The race organizers reserve the right to accept or reject an entry.
19. For more information contact: Sambo Amos (Cell No.072 7316225) Jeff Cell( No:083 208 4118)
Venue : Shikhumba Village (ward 22) @ Greater Giyani Municipality Race start and Finish @ Shikhumba Filling Station.
Entry Fee: 5km : R100.00 10km : R150.00 21km : R250-00 42.2KM : R300-00
Temporary licences available R40.00 (10km, 21.1km& 42.2km)
Shikhumba Filling Station, Xikhumba
|Address||Shikhumba Filling Station|