Entries close at midnight on Sunday, 22 May 2022.
Magalies MTB Outride
Drake Events presents the edgeup life Magalies MTB Outride. On Saturday 28 May, join us for the second Magalies MTB Outride. The route is an out and back route, starting and finishing in the Cradle of Humankind, as you take on the district roads of Magliesburg. This day is all about you and enjoying every minute spent in the saddle with like-minded riders. It's about the experience! We have now introduced timing, to allow you to improve your seeding for 947 Ride Joburg. Ride it or race it, it's up to you.
Registration & Start
Registration and Collection: Registration & Goodie Bag Collection starts at 05H45 on the morning of 28 May. All apparel that has been ordered will be available for collection at registration.
Goodie Bag: The amazing partners and sponsors have provided great samples and vouchers for a special goodie bag. Don’t forget to register and check in to ensure you receive your goodie bag.
Small Bag Drop: Your small bags will be available at the lunch stop. (More info)
Armband: Your armband must remain on at all times as it is used to redeem meals and your bags.
Number Board: All riders will be issued a unique number board in the goodie bag. You MUST mount the number board across your front handle bars.
- The route is gravel bike friendly.
- A gpx file will be shared with all entrants closer to the date of the outride.
- You MUST load the file onto your gps
- The route is marked and marshals will assist with direction where possible
- As much as we lay down route markers, we see vandalism and many discarded markers during a ride. Having the gpx route on your gps will be beneficial to ensure correct navigation.
- If you do not have a gps device, do not worry. It is not mandatory to have one. Use the buddy system and ensure to ride with someone who knows the route.
- At a distance of 165km, the ride departs westerly from Greensleeves, to the south of Magaliesburg. Once in the North West Province, the route heads North for a short while before heading back east. Enjoy a lunch before you take on the dirt roads back through Magaliesburg, after which you will make your way back to Greensleeves. The route is 100% non-technical and primarily on district roads, with sections of tar connecting between certain dirt roads. Overall the ride presents 1750m of vertical ascent. More info of the route will be shared after a final route recon.
- There are no road closures. Riders must adhere to the rules of the road and the marshals directions when given.
Group: The outride will have one mass group start.
Average Speed: All riders will have 10 hours to complete the ride.
Start Times: 07H00
- This is not a race, but some may want to use this ride to improve seeding towards the 947 Ride Joburg MTB Race.
- We do not realistically envision everyone to stay together along the route.
- We do encourage you to ride together in a group, but some may want to ride ahead, or ride slightly slower.
- Always be aware of your average speed and don’t drop off pace too much.
- Ride smart.
- Regardless of your pace, there will be set times that your support vehicle will be at the lunch stop. Read the below Lunch info for these timings.
- Regardless of your pace, lunch will be served at specific times. Read the below Lunch info for these timings.
- There is a minimum speed enforced and cut off at the lunch stop, water point 3 and water point 4. If you do not make it in the cut-off time, you will be asked to load you into the support vehicle and you will be taken to the finish in the vehicle.
- We cannot allow leniency on cut-of times as the operations team but stick to a certain schedule too ensure everyone finishes within the time cut.
Safety: 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯’𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳 𝘨𝘶𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦 𝟷𝟶𝟶% 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦𝘵𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘳𝘪𝘥𝘦, 𝘸𝘦 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘢𝘬𝘦 𝘪𝘵 𝘢𝘴 𝘴𝘢𝘧𝘦 𝘢𝘴 𝘱𝘰𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘣𝘭𝘦.
Safety is one of our biggest concerns when we think cycling in South Africa, whether it be on tar or dirt roads.The amazing Think Bike Marshals will be on hand to assist with traffic control and rider safety along the route.
Our aim is to make this ride safe, enjoyable and to give you the opportunity to ride your bike for the day with the best support possible.
With the Think Bike Marshals we have consistently been in good hands on every outride and are confident we can achieve this at every ride ahead.
Timing & Seeding
Timing: BoutTime will provide timing for the Magalies Road Outride, to ensure you receive an official time to be submitted for your 947 Ride Joburg Seeding
Brunch will be a neutral, untimed section for 30 minutes.
Is This A Race?: No. Simply put, this is not a race but it’s an oxymoron having it timed for seeding right? Not really, here’s a short explanation. The core of what we offer is for you to enjoy yourself on the bike with like-minded individuals. Make memories and make new friends. However, you may want to improve your seeding at the 947 Ride Joburg MTB. Our endurance events will provide you with that opportunity, to receive a seeding, whether you ride hard or not. You can’t get a worse seeding, so if you’re not interested in the timing, ignore it. If you want a better seeding, ride harder. Timing and seeding is a value-add and does not have to be the primary focus of your outride.
Water & Check Points
Four Fully Stocked Water Points: Every water point will be fully stocked with 32GI, water, coke, banana’s, crunchies and sweets. At various water points we will change things up so you’re not eating the same thing all day.
Four Fully Stocked Water Points:
- 30km – Water Point 1
- 60km – Water Point 2
- 93km – Brunch
- 118km – Water Point 3
- 145km – Water Point 4
Cut-off Times: Drake Events Management has the right to ask anyone to get into the support vehicles along the route, should they feel that the rider is not keeping up with the pace. Please be aware that we cannot have riders arriving late in Loskop, as all bikes and riders need to still get loaded onto buses and transported back to Pretoria.
- 93km – Brunch | 12H00
- 118km – WP3 | 13H45
- 145km – WP4 | 15H40
- 165km – Finish | 17H00
More information: www.facebook.com/events/705231934235972
Greensleeves Medieval Kingdom Johannesbu, Muldersdrift
|Address||Greensleeves Medieval Kingdom Johannesburg|