NW Schools XCO Cup #2
The NW Schools XCO Cup Series is comprising of four fun packed events, hosted by NWSC and presented by various schools in the NW province of which Baillie Park Primary School, Potchefstroom is the proud presenter of Cup #2 at Koedoeslaagte. The ethos of the competition is the fact that teams compete against teams and aimed at crowning the top school and the top three riders per age category in the NW province. The school series is designed as a steppingstone to provincial and national championship competitions of CyclingSA.
Registration - Cup #2
- Online entries close 11 August 2022 at 12pm. (No late entries)
- Please revisit your Entry Ninja profile and confirm that all detail is correct. Rider detail is used in timing system
- Team managers to collect their school’s race boards at the race venue from 16:00 till 18:00 the Friday and Saturday from 06:30 to 8:00 respectively NO RIDER ON THE TRACK WITHOUT A BOARD
Categories of riders:
- Sub -Nipper: Riders aged 7 and 8 years old (flat pedals only)
- Nippers: Riders aged 9 and 10 years old (flat pedals only)
- Sprogs: Riders aged 11 and 12 years old
- Sub-Junior: Riders 13 and 14 years old
- Youth: Riders aged 15 and 16 years old
- Junior: Riders aged 17,18 &19 years old
- A rider’s category is determined by his or her age on the 31st December of the current year
- 13-years old riders registered at a high school will participate in the Sub-junior HS category
- 14-years old rider registered at a primary school will participate in the Sub-junior PS category
- The course is a cross country (XC) MTB track that consists of flat sections, rocky terrain, man maid and natural obstacles running to a mountainous area and back giving the racer a challenging but save riding experience. The difficult level is estimated between 2 and 3 out of 5 thus rideable for the average mountain biker.
Riders will have the opportunity to take part in a practice round to familiarise themselves with the terrain and obstacles on the course before the race starts once the medical team is present and a number board is fitted.
Race program (Click here for Program)
The race will follow a standard XCO race program as indicated but not limited to the sequence as published. A draft program will be published the Wednesday before the event. The final program will be published on Friday afternoon before 18:00.
CLASSES AND PRICING
All XCO categories – R150
City: Kopjeskraal (Venterskroon heritage site)
Province: North West