This run is also known as "Berg & Beach" due to the fact that the run takes place in the mountains and hills above Hermanus with views across the Walker Bay with all the beautiful beaches and lagoon.
ENTRY FEES: Includes a lekker substantial hamburger at the finish, a branded, technical race cap and finish line, hand crafted, event coaster.
- 15km - R360.00
- 25km - R480.00
ENTRIES CLOSE: 8 April at midnight, or once 200 entries are achieved, which-ever happens first.
Routes, route marking and self navigation options:
Although we mark the routes there is never a guarantee that they will stay marked as intended - people, animals, wind can sometimes interfere and change markers or even remove markers. As an alternative, we will email you the ,gpx route file [a week before the run] for the route you entered for. You can download that on your gps device and follow the route as a back-up. We also use the Alltrails app which you can use and access that specific route which we create. There is a free version or the "pro" version which you pay for annually but can then create/download a route for "offline" use. Whatever the method is you might use, "learn how to operate and understand it"
- Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue, Hermanus – off the R43.
- 34°23’57.59″S and 19°15’58.14″E
This is a solo event.
- Senior Male [16-39]
- Senior Female [16-39]
- Vet Male [40+]
- Vet Female [40+]
- Masters Male (50+)
- Masters Female (50+)
- JUNIOR U/16 male or female – ONLY FOR THE 15KM OPTION
REGISTRATION & COLLECT RACE NUMBERS – Fernkloof Nature Reserve.
Friday, 14 April: 18h00 – 20h00
Saturday, 15 April: 06h00 – 07h00
Run briefing: 07h00
- 25km – 7h15
- 15km – 7h30
No late entries. No refunds unless Doctor’s certificate/letter received on the Doctors letterhead. In that case , any refunds will also be affected by any fees we may have paid already such as reserve fees/race caps/admin fees. Substitutions [also above] allowed at a R100.00 admin fee but no substitutions after 8 April.
RACE INFO and compulsory equipment:
You will not be allowed to run if you do not have a waterproof rain jacket available. Please ensure you “know” the difference between a “wind breaker” and a ” waterproof rain jacket”. Make sure that it is a WATER PROOF jacket and not just a wind jacket. It must have long sleeves and a hood.
- All runners "must" carry a 100% waterproof rain jacket with a hood and long sleeves.
- Runners must be self sufficient and carry enough water and food to sustain them for the entire route. There are no water tables on route - please ensure you are self sufficient. There might be some fresh mountain water on parts of the routes but will only be known when we mark the route - in that case we will share that information.
- a cell phone,
- whistle and emergency blanket.
- please carry a card with all your medical details on it such a Doctor’s number, Medical insurance number, emergency contact number and contact name, blood group, any allergies etc. This must be inside a sealed ziplock bag and on your person
- Each person must save this cell number on their phone – 082 658 3078 [Ugene Nel] for emergency use only.
- Do not attempt to run if you are not physically fit. The weather might be adverse and/or a weather change could happen in minutes in the mountains - your lack of fitness could seriously affect your health
- Only run/walk on the trails
- Do not take short cuts
- Download the free MySoS app which we will use at the event for your safety.
Right of admission reserved.
In the meantime - enjoy the training and respect Nature. Always:-)
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|25KM MASTER MALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|25KM MASTER FEMALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|25KM VET MALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|25KM VET FEMALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|25KM SENIOR MALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|25KM SENIOR FEMALE||25 km||07:00||R 480.00|
|15KM MASTER MALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM MASTER FEMALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM VET MALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM VET FEMALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM SENIOR MALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM SENIOR FEMALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM JUNIOR MALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
|15KM JUNIOR FEMALE||15 km||07:00||R 360.00|
Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Hermanus, Hermanus
|Address||Fernkloof Nature Reserve, Fir Avenue – off the R43.|