In addition to the MTB race, we have also added a Trail Run to our calendar! On December 22nd, Sami Hall in Bredasdorp hosts an unforgettably beautiful and challenging trail run in the Heuningberg mountains. The trails are stunning, and only open to the public for the race day, so don’t miss out!
The Sami Hall in Bredasdorp is the location for the start and finish of the Trail Run. From the start, runners will traverse the mountainside, dodge some boulders, leap a couple of streams, witness the “Pulpit” and generally need to use all of their senses to conquer the trail whilst having a blast of a time!
TRAIL RUN DISTANCES: 25km, 15km, 7km
ENTRY FEE: 25km R200, 15km R150, 7km R100
REGISTRATION: From 05h00 (Late registration +R50 Admin Fee)
RACE BRIEFING: 10 mins before the start
STARTING TIME: 25km 06h30, 15km 06h45, 7km 07h00
VENUE: Sami Hall, Bredasdorp, Overberg
COORDINATES: Google GPS: 34°31'42.4"S 20°00'35.4"E
PRIZE GIVING: 11h00
PRIZES: 1st place Medal and Gift box for each category winner & Medals for all participants - No Prize money
PRE-ENTRIES CLOSE: 18th December 2017
No refunds once you've entered.
GOODY BAGS for 1st 100 online entries
TRAIL RUN RULES:
· Please note that the minimum age for the 15km is 15 years of age and the minimum age for the 25km is 17 years of age.
· Online entrants must bring a printout of email confirmation to receive race number.
· Late entries must bring correct cash for payment and ID & Medical aid details.
Recommended Equipment for the Trail Runs
15km & 25km:
· Water – Carry at least 1-2 Litres. Hydration Pack recommended. Please note there is one water table on the course for the both the 16 & 25km approximately half way through each track.
· Food – Energy Bar/ Sandwich/ Banana
· A cell phone charged with organiser’s number saved and stored in a Ziplock bag.
· Windbreaker/waterproof jacket recommended. Weather dependant but not compulsory for short course.
· Hat recommended.
· Mini-first Aid kit with plasters/bandage/sun lotion/antihistamine tablets
· Race Number is required to start event.
· Medical aid details
· DO NOT bring: HEADPHONES, Flu or LitterFor all the details, log onto our website: www.capeagulhasmtb.co.za
More information: www.capeagulhasmtb.co.za
|Address||Bredasdorp, Western Cape, South Africa|