- 2,5 days of unforgettable mountain biking covering 106km of singletrack.
- The privacy of your own tent, with Luxury & Deluxe upgrade options available.
- Relaxing afternoons and evenings in the Chill Zone next to the dam.
- Custom medals with your race number.
- Team pics fridge magnets which are also used for seeding.
- Personalized race number.
- Weekend welcome pack and a ‘parting gift’ which will include Bo-Berg Fynbos flowers and local produce.
- Gin Tasting with Fitch & Leedes.
- Loads of snacks and a generous Gourmet Burger Bar for Saturday lunch.
- Soft Serve station with crepes and interesting toppings that will satisfy any sweet tooth.
- Tech support from the Specialized Tech Zone.
- Enjoy will spoil you with a rad pair of Reptilia Trail Shorts - so there will be no excuses for riding in Lycra.
Distance: 8.12km | Elevation: 277m
This short route, is designed to get the city out of your legs and prepare you for what lies ahead for the next two days.
The route includes a fast run through the “Pine Forest”, a climb to via “Mermaids Pool” and “Death by Porcupine”, some tracks along the river and a big climb to “Crow’s Nest” and ends with a technical descend to the race village.
Your time on this route will determine your seeding!
Distance: 49.82km | Elevation: 1667m
Riders start under the oak trees next to the race village and follow the jeep tracks up Levant Hill until the first single track of the day “Yellow Cliff Road” –a 1.3km switchback climb with an ascend of 100 meters. A short jeep track respite leads into “Hello Kitty”, “Marshlands” and “Dammit” – a U exclusive trail. Riders now enter Buglers Post farm and do the “Muy Berg” track before heading to “The Throne” on Pomona farm.
One of the many highlights of Episode 1 is the epic 5km downhill “Livingstone & Stanley”. This track was built by John Ince and LeRoux Rossouw - John building from the top of the mountain and Le Roux from the bottom. The old Ox Wagon Pass, built in 1889, is the 5km ascend, which brings you back up the mountain to Buglers Post.
Episode 1 also includes the fun section through the Pine Forest, “Blaaukop”, “Jakkelskloof”, “Owls Corner”, “The Bug”, “Fairy Meadows” and another U exclusive “Ek is Lara”! When you get to “Rondekop” you are back on Mouton’s Valley farm and will return to the race village via the stunning “River Run” and “A Bridge Too Far”. A beer, rest and recuperation are the order of the day.
Distance: 52.04km | Elevation: 1410m
Episode 2 will be spent exploring the multitude of trails on the Starke’s farm Mouton’s Valley. Highlights include U exclusive single tracks “Sonop”, “Sunshine”, “Castle Rock”, “Looking for Moses”, “Finding Moses”, “Greystones” and “Greystones Express”! These trails have plenty to offer fit, adventurous cyclists – technical climbs, steep downhills and fast flowing switch backs! Real mountain biking.
The pristine fynbos, sandstone rock formations, mountain cliffs and the endless views add to the exceptional beauty of this event.
This event supports team entries for certain classes, but teams must consist of 2 participants per team.
Mouton's Valley Farm, Piketberg
|Address||Mouton's Valley Road, Piket-Bo-Berg|