Umgeni Community Empowerment Centre
|UCEC 6th Annual Stop Human Trafficking Awareness Fun Run & Family Day|
Walk for Freedom
The 6th Annual Stop Human Trafficking walk creates awareness and helps raise funds to eradicate this epidemic that plagues our city.
The money raised at the event will be used to reopen our Shiloh Crisis Centre. Our Crisis Centre began in 2006 as a result of our 'Women of Worth' street ministries during which we came across so many abused women and children in great need of refuge. The Crisis Centre is a safe haven providing temporary relief until abused parties can be resettled sustainably. Beneficiaries are provided with accommodation, food, clothing & toiletries, counselling, a care plan – personal development, referrals to specialised / long term crisis centre's, drug and alcohol rehabilitation referrals, assistance with health needs, CV's, ID's, grants and job placements.
The 5km Walk is for the whole family and costs
- R50 for Scholars
- R80 for Adults to participate
While the 10km Walk/Run allows persons over the age of 13 years and costs:
- R100 to participate
- R80 for companies entering in teams of 5 or more
Non-participants may attend free of charge
- T-Shirts on sale for non-participants at R70
- Every registered entrant will receive a T-Shirts inside their goodie bag which can be collected from Blue Lagoon from 10am-3pm Fri 4th Oct or at Registration.
- Registration opens at 6:30am
- Runners start at 8:00am and Walkers start at 8:30am.
- Prizegiving at 11:00am
- Start on the Green Hub facing the Umgeni River at Blue Lagoon
- Walk on the path between the river and lake from The Green Hub towards the canoe club
- Turn left at the King Fisher canoe club and onto Stiepel Road
- Engen Garage will be on the right
- Cross over Athlone Drive
- Onto Masabalala Yengwa - South Bound
- Past Isaiah Ntshangase Road
- Turn left into the walk way opposite Moses Mabida Stadium, under M4
- Onto Snell Parade Promenade - North Bound
- And continue back to Blue Lagoon to the finish
- Special Guests Dave Guselli and Neil Green
- Talk on Human Trafficking by Marcel Van Der Watt from the Freedom Network
- APPETITE Cook Off (Enter via their facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/307148935969328/)
- Warm up fitness classes
- Cool down fitness classes
- Food Stalls
- Live Music
- Kids Zone
- Stop Human Trafficking Display and Performance
- Photo Booth
More information: ucec.org.za/event/stop-human-trafficking-walk-run-2019/
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 5 - 10 participants per team.
Blue Lagoon Durban, Durban, 4025, Durban North
|Address||Blue Lagoon, Durban, South Africa|