A Charity event held in conjunction with our main sponsor for 2019 Talisman Hire Blackheath, in aid of providing every school within Kuils River with their own Social Worker.
The River Challenge is an outdoor 5km obstacle and golf challenge charity event with a warm ending. This year we will have two mud obstacles as well as a slime obstacle!We only focus on fastest times for the Corporate Event, the other events are family orientated so be prepared for loads of fun, you can walk, crawl and help each other while laughing your way through the obstacles.
Date: Saturday, 19th of October 2019
Venue: Jan Kriel School, Kuilsrivier
Registration: Registration and collection of timing chip wristbands to be collected on Saturday 19 October 2019 at the Nepgen Hall, Jan Kriel School, from 07:00. The cost of the timing chip wristbands is included in your entry fee.
- Competitive Challenge – A race for the competitors! This race holds no less than 25 obstacles over a distance of 5km. Exclusive corporate hospitality area (bring y our banners and flags). This entry includes something to eat as well as coffee. Event starts at 08:00
- Family Challenge – A race suited to all fitness levels, this challenge has been designed with the first timers in mind and is a great introduction to Obstacle Course Racing. Bring your grandmother; grandfather and children older than 6 years or join us as an individual! Event starts at 09:00
- Young Guns Challenge – All Primary and High School learners are welcome to join this 25-obstacle challenge! Come and show us what you’ve got! Teams can consist of 5 members or join us as an individual! Event starts at 10:00
- MonkeyNastix – While mom and dad are participating in one of our challenges with the rest of the family, Monkeynastix Boland will take care of your 2 – 6-year old’s by having their own MONKEYNASTIX challenge! Event starts at 08:30
Prize-giving: Prize-giving starts at 11:00 after the Henties Puppet Show
Overall winner of the Competitive Challenge: Surprise bonus prize.
Lucky draw prizes: The lucky draws will be done using your unique timing chip wristband number. You have to be there to win a prize!!
Medals to the first 100 finishers per challenge.
Please contact Elzé at [email protected] for all queries regarding manual entries.
Entry fees (Monkeynastix entries to be done at event):
Competitive Challenge (Team of 4) R1040.00
Competitive Challenge (Individual) R110.00
Family Challenge (Team of 5) R300.00
Family Challenge (Individual) R70.00
Young Guns (Team of 5) R300.00
Young Guns (Individual) R70.00
Contact Person Elzé Oelofse
Email [email protected]
Phone 060 906 5629
Event Date 19 October 2019
Closing Date 17 October 2019
Late Entries [email protected]
Location Jan Kriel School
Obstacle Course Map and Description:
Can be provided if needed
- Dedicated point man and assistance at every obstacle;
- Lifeguards on duty at the pool or if you wish to skip the pool obstacle, a “chicken” obstacle is available;
- Ambulance and first aid workers will be on site;
- Spectators and family members are welcome to support you and the venue entry for them is free! There will be food stalls and entertainment throughout the day;
- A bag drop of section is available for R10 which you can pay at the drop off counter. Please bring your own marked bags (name and telephone number compulsory);
- No headphones are allowed due to obstacles containing water; mud and slime;
- Rinse facilities will be available after the challenges but no formal showers. Please bring your own towel, if needed;
- There are no cut-off times, the focus is on having fun and enjoying the event;
- To qualify for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place medals, teams have to finish together;
- Late entry fee of R30.00 will be charged;
- No late participants will be allowed to start after the official starting times;
- The Talisman Hire Blackheath River Challenge will not be cancelled due to bad weather or any unforeseen circumstances beyond our control;
- No refunds will be given should you decide not to take part;
- You enter this event at your own risk and it is compulsory for all participants to complete an indemnity form.Parents/guardians of children under the age of 18 has to sign the indemnity form on their behalf; and
- The organizers and/or other entities will not be held responsible for loss, injuries or any kind of damages.
I understand that Kuilsrivier Jeugtrust (KRJT) is committed to conduct the event in a safe manner and holds the safety of participants in the highest regard and that KRJT attempts to reduce such risks and insists that all participants follow safety rules and instructions that is designed to protect the participants safety.
I recognize and acknowledge that there are risks of possible injury to participants in the event, and I hereby voluntarily and irrevocable agree to assume the full risk of any and all injuries that I (or minor) may sustain as a result of participating in this event.
I assume all risks and hazards incidental to such participating in the event, and I waive and indemnify that KRJT, it's officers, employees, agents and representatives, from any claim (of any nature) arising out of an injury to me (or minor) and from any and all claim arising out of or connected with my (or minor) participation in the event.
More information: www.kuilsrivierjeugtrust.co.za
This event supports team entries for certain classes. Team sizes range from 4 - 5 participants per team.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
Competitive Challenge Teams
(Team of 4)
|5 km (25 Obstacles)||08:00||R 260.00|
|Competitive Challenge Solo||5 km (25 Obstacles)||08:00||R 110.00|
Family Challenge (Teams)
(Teams of 5)
|5 km (All fitness levels)||09:00||R 60.00|
|Family Challenge (Solo)||5 km (All fitness levels)||09:00||R 70.00|
Young Gun Challenge (Teams)
(Teams of 5)
|5 km||10:00||R 60.00|
|Young Gun Challenge (Solo)||5 km||10:00||R 70.00|
Jan Kriel School, Cape Town
|Address||Jan Kriel School, Skool Street, Kuils River, Cape Town, South Africa|