CSI Irene Farm Race with Discovery Vitality
26 October 2019
21.1km | 10km | 5km
ARC Campus, Nellmapius Drive, Irene
Get fired up this running season with the Vitality Run Series, first time in Pretoria.
Complete four of the most iconic races in Pretoria and earn Vitality points PLUS a limited edition medal at each race.
|All other categories||R130||R100||R60|
Kiddies run: R10
Pre-entries only - Capped on 6000 entries
(Pre-entries close on 19 October or when cap is reached).
Online entries: www.csi-euf.co.za
Sweat Shop Dunkeld: 011 325 2567
Sweat Shop Bedfordview: 011 325 2567
Sweat Shop Southdowns: 012 665 0048
Run-Away-Sport: 012 361 3733
RACE NUMBER COLLECTION
Thursday 24 October: 09:00 till 18:00 – Sweat Shop Dunkeld
Friday 25 October: 09:00 till 18:00 – Sweat Shop Southdowns
Race day (Saturday 26 October): 04:00 till 06:00 – at the venue
IRENE TRIPLE CHALLENGE
Athletes who entered for the ITC and who completed the other two legs (JointEze 21/48 km and Irene Spring Race 21 km) will receive their medal and special T-shirt after
completing the 21 km race.
Please note that ITC entrants can collect their race numbers on the morning of the race only. ITC numbers will NOT be available in the shops.
Prize giving will commence at 08:00 for the 10km and at
09:00 for the 21km, or as soon as the results are available.
Ample parking on ARC grounds and Denel Dynamics premises. Search for “Denel Dynamics” on Google Maps for directions.
Entrance to the ARC is opposite Denel Dynamics.
Park and ride parking available from the Olifantsfontein entrance.
- The 10 and 21 km will start at 06:00
- The 5 km fun run starts at 06:15
- The 1 km kiddies run starts at 07:45
- Medals to all finishers
- Distance markers every 1 km
- Water points at ± every 3 km cut-off times:
- 10 km – 2 hours, 21 km – 3 hours.
- Food and drinks stalls available
- Medical support available
- 21 km is not Wheelchair-friendly
- The race will take place under the rules of ASA, AGN and IAAF and all participants must wear club colours during the race except if participating with a temporary licence.
- All participants enter at their own risk and by their entry indemnify the organisers and sponsors of any liability or claims.
- All participants in the 10 and 21 km must wear a valid 2019 licence number on the front and back of their running tops during the race. Unlicenced participants must buy a temporary licence (R40). Race numbers must be worn on the front of the running top, but must not cover the logo of the sponsor on the licence.
- Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times.
- No seconding will be permitted.
- Minimum age of 14 years on race day for the 10 km and 16 years for the 21 km.
- Category winners must provide proof of age to qualify for prizes (ID or other valid documentation)
- Athletes competing for prizes must wear official age category tags on the front and back of their running tops.
- Walkers competing for prize money must wear an official ‘W’ on the front and back of running top.
- Foreign athletes must observe IAAF rule 4 paragraph 2.
- No pets allowed
- Entry fees cannot be refunded, returned, cancelled or exchanged on account of the weather or any unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the event organisers.
FUN FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Bring the whole family along to join the Irene Athletics Club and 6000 enthusiasts and run/walk along the tranquil streets of Southdowns, the Irene Dairy Farm and Irene Golf Course.
Farm animals along the route. There just isn’t another race like this!
ARC Campus, Nellmapius Drive, Irene
Race office: 082 951 2581
Discovery Vitality members receive bonus fitness points for completing the race
|Distance ||Vitality fitness points|
|10km||1 100 points|
|21.1km||2 000 points|
Terms, conditions and limits apply
PRIZE MONEY (RUNNERS AND WALKERS, MEN AND WOMEN)
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|10km||10 km||06:00||R 101.10 + 4.65|
|21.1km||21 km||06:00||R 131.43 + 6.05|
|5km||5 km||06:15||R 60.66 + 2.79|
|10km Grand Master||10 km||06:00||R 80.88 + 3.72|
|21.1km Grand Master||21 km||06:15||R 80.88 + 3.72|
|5km Grand Master||5 km||06:15||R 60.66 + 2.79|
|21.1km Great Grand Masters & Blind Runners||21 km||06:00||Free|
|5km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||5 km||06:15||Free|
|10km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||10 km||06:00||Free|
ARC Campus, Nellmapius Drive, Irene, Centurion
|Address||ARC Campus, Nellmapius Drive, Irene|