Intercare Classic Road Race
Saturday, 1 February 2020, 06:00
21,1 km 10 km 5 km
FOR RACE ENQUIRIES
Hank Bezuidenhout 083 256 0241
Email: [email protected]
TimeMe 063 384 5387
Email: [email protected].za
|DISTANCES||START TIMES||CUT-OFF TIMES||MINIMUM AGES||PRIZE GIVING|
THE VENUE RIETONDALE PARK
North Road, Rietondale, Pretoria
S25 43.980 E 28 13.239
Pre-entries available for 21,1km, 10km & 5km online and selected sport shops.
Late entries only available at Rietondale Park for 21,1km, 10km & 5km on 31 Jan & 1 Feb 2020.
- 31 January: Between 13h00 and 17h30
- 1 February: Between 04h30 and 06h00
Limits for hand and/or online entries as follows:
- 21,1km: First 3000 entries received
- 10km: First 2500 entries received
- 5km Fun Run: First 1000 entries received
PAPER ENTRY BY HAND
Closing Date: 25 Jan 2020
See listed hand delivery addresses
EVENT T-SHIRTS: R85.00 (R80 + R5 online handling fee)
Order your event t-shirt with your online entry at www.intercare.co.za
Limited number of t-shirts [if not sold out online] will be available at the
venue, Rietondale Park on 31 January and 1 February 2020.
COLLECTING OF RACE NUMBERS
HAND DELIVERED ENTRIES
Will receive their race number& temporary licence number
(if applicable) immediately upon entering
Collect race numbers, temporary licence numbers
[if applicable] at Rietondale Park, North Rd, Rietondale
Friday 31 January: From 13h00 to 17h30
Saturday 1 February: From 04h30 to 06h00
HAND DELIVERY ADDRESSES
The Sweat Shop, Dunkeld West Centre – 011 325 2567
The Sweat Shop, Bedford Arcade, van Buuren Rd, Bedfordview – 011 450 2421
Sportsmans Warehouse, Woodmead Super Value Centre – 011 802 8211
Run-A-Way Sport: 302 Freesia St, Lynnwood Ridge – 012 361 3733
The Sweat Shop: South Downs Shopping Centre – 012 665 0048
Atterbury Value Mall – 012 991 4926
Centurion Value World – 012 665 0768
Kolonnade Retail Park - 012 548 5131
RULES & GENERAL INFORMATION
- The time limits for all events will apply as stipulated under race information.
- All entrants must be amateurs as defined under ASA rules and according to the age restrictions as stipulated under Race Information.
- Marshals and traffic officials must be obeyed at all times. Failure to comply with their instructions will lead to immediate disqualification.
- No seconding or vehicles on routes will be allowed.
- Sufficient refreshment stations will be provided on routes.
- All entrants will participate under the rules of AGN and ASA and it is the athlete’s responsibility to familiarise themselves with the rules
- It is the responsibility of each athlete to ensure that he or she is medically fit and healthy to participate in any of the events.
- The race committee reserves the right to accept or reject any entry. The judge’s decision is final.
- Proof of age for prize winners is required & must be presented to referees before prize giving. Prizes will be withheld until confirmed.
- Athletes must wear official numeric age category ID tags and “W” tags for walkers on the front & back of the running vest and clearly visible
- Regret no mechanically operated device or blade, cyclist, pram or wheelchair is permitted to participate in the races.
- No animals are allowed in the races.
- No iPods or listening devices allowed.
- Temporary licensed athletes are eligible for open and category prizes, provided they have the age category tag clearly visible back and front of the running vest.
- Objections must be lodged in writing within 30 minutes [before or after] prize giving to the chief referee, accompanied by R300.00 which is refundable if the appeal is upheld.
- Blatant running by walkers will lead to immediate disqualification. Walkers competing for the prize money should not cover their knees, because it will lead to disqualification.
- You must complete the race number tear-off before you hand it in at the finish line – NO INFO NO RESULTS
- All entrants for the 10km and 21,1km events must be in possession of a valid 2020 license number which must be worn on the front & back of the running vest. The race number issued by the organisers must be worn on the front of the running vest without obscuring the sponsors detail on licence number.
- Foreign athletes must comply with IAAF Rule 4, par 2 regarding handing over their permits to the organiser.
- Unlicensed athletes of the 21,1km and 10km must purchase a temporary licence number. The temporary license for 2020 is R40. This number must be worn on the back of the running vest and the race number issued by the organisers must be worn on the front of the running vest.
AGE CATEGORIES (age on day of race)
• Juniors: under 20yrs
• Age Group: between 40 and 49 yrs
• Age Group: between 50 and 59 yrs
• Age Group: between 60 and 69 yrs
• Age Group: 70 yrs and 79 yrs
• Age Group: 80 yrs and older
- A timing chip will be attached to the front of the 21,1km & 10km race numbers which must not be removed or damaged. The timing chip must be visible when crossing the mats at the finish line. The information as per entry form and race number will be linked to the timing chip.
- NO CHIP NO RESULTS
PRIZE GIVING & SPOT PRIZES
- This will take place at the venue as stipulated under Race Information.
- Only athletes clearly filling in all detail on the race number tear-off strip will receive results. NO TEAR-OFF NO RESULTS
- Preliminary results available within 48hrs at www.timeme.co.za
- Official results available after five days at www.raceresults.co.za
- Photographs will be taken by Jetline Action Photo and can be viewed after the event at www.jetlineactionphoto.com.
TOG BAGS(At owner’s risk)
- Tog bag facilities available at the venue.
- Routes. The 21,1km & 10km routes are single lap routes. Distance markers displayed every km.
- Refreshment stations approximately 3km apart will provide cold Coke and water sachets. Do your bit to ensure that the race is litter free. Dispose your cups & water sachets at the recycling stations at the bins at the refreshment stations.
- Medical support provided along routes and at the venue
- Fast foods and refreshments on sale at the venue.
- Only official and accredited vehicles will be allowed to park at the Finish & the club club sites. Clubs are kindly requested to set-up club gazebos on the Friday prior to race day. Security will be deployed at the venue.
- The entry fee is non-refundable.
|21,1 KM (MEN & WOMEN)|
|POSITION||OPEN|| 40-49yrs||50-59yrs|| 60-69yrs||70-79yrs||80yrs+||Juniors|
|10KM (MEN & WOMEN)|
|POSITION||OPEN|| 40-49yrs||50-59yrs|| 60-69yrs||70-79yrs||80yrs+||Juniors|
|WALKERS (MEN & WOMEN)|
| GOLD |
|All Prize Winners (M & F)||All Prize Winners (M & F)||1st Male & Female|
|Silver [Runners]||Sub 90 minutes||Sub 45 minutes||N/A|
|Silver [Walkers||Position 1-5 (M&F)||Position 1-5 (M&F)||N/A|
|Bronze||To all Finishers within cut-off times||To all Finishers within cut-off times||To all Finishers within cut-off times|
Trophy to overall male & female runner/walker winners
Numerous spot prizes at prize giving.
First 1000 (all distances) online entries will receive a goodie bag. To be collected on registration days 31 January and 1 February 2020 at the venue.
Classes and pricing
Available classes for the event
|Class||Distance||Start Time||Price (pp)|
|21.1km - Half Marathon||21 km||06:00||R 138.00|
|21.1km Grand Master||21 km||06:00||R 67.00|
|10km||10 km||06:20||R 97.00|
|10km Grand Master||10 km||06:20||R 57.00|
|5km - Fun Run/Walk||5 km||06:25||R 57.00|
|21.1km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||21 km||06:00||Free|
|10km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||10 km||06:20||Free|
|5km Grand Master||5 km||06:25||R 57.00|
|5km Great Grand Master & Blind Runners||5 km||06:25||Free|
Rietondale Park, Pretoria