Entries for this option has been closed, please use this link: http://www.bouttime.co.za/Events/event.aspx?EventId=230
Join us for the Winter Prestige Trail Run Series 2018, the top of the crop hand-built trails around Pretoria’s outskirts.
The Prestige Puzzle MedalWhen you cross the finish line at each of the events you will receive a selected piece of your medal. Once you have completed all 4 events you will have one complete 110mm Prestige Trail Run Medal. We will kick off the series @ Kaia Manzi with the base medal, event 2, 3 & 4 will consist of the inner medals.
Kaia Manzi – 27 May 2018, Sunday - Starts at 8am
- TAF (Tierpoort Adventure Farm) – 8 July 2018, Sunday - Starts at 9am
- Ingaadi Spa (In Progress) – 5 August 2018, Sunday - Starts at 8.30am
- Wattlesprings Country Recreation – 15 September 2018, Saturday - Starts at 8am
How it works
- Enter for all four races and receive a free T-Shirt, you can enter them individually to qualify for the aforesaid
- Each race you complete will consist of a partial individual medal, after completing all four events your huge 11cm Prestige medal will be complete.
- Distances at all venues will consist of 21, 15, 10 & 5km
- Vitality: As a VRE(Vitality Race Event) partner, we will submit the results within 48 working hours to Vitality, if you are a Vitality member you won't have to do anything at all.
Number Collections, Registrations & Late Entries
- Friday, 6 July 2018: Run-A-Way Sport between 3 & 5pm (302 Freesia St, Lynnwood Ridge, Pretoria, 0040)
- Sunday, 8 July 2018: At Tierpoort Adevnture Farm venue from 7am onwards
Number Collection will open 2 hours before the start time, on the day entries will be accepted at a R30 surcharge(if the entry limit has not been reached). We accept Cash, Credit Cards, Zapper & Snapscan
Distances, Entry Fees & Start Times
6 Reasons why you should pre-enter
- Avoid disappointment if we have to close entries if event becomes overbooked, so secure your entry now
- Assist the organisers to plan The Prestige nutritional points along the route, participants of event #1 will understand what we mean.
- Secure your medal when you cross the finish line (A late entrant may be required to collect his/her medal of event #2 at the next Prestige event)
- Save R30 on surcharge
- Secure your goodie bag
- Much faster queues for pre-entrants which allows more time to stretch those legs while sipping on your gourmet coffee
|Distance||TAF - Start Times||Pricing - All 3 events||Pricing - Individual event|
|10km (Hikers allowed)||09:30||R450||R150|
|5km (Hikers allowed)||09:45||R300||R100|
|Enter all 3 events||Enter only this event|
Your entry will include:
- Great scenic and very well marked routes, loads of single track, jeep track Á farm roads
- Fully stocked waterpoints
- Earn Vitality Points
- National Trail Seeding Event
- Ample parking
- LIVE Timing
What else is there?
- Chill zone
- Gourmet food stands
- Craft Beer presented by Legends Brewery
- Gourmet coffee
The Rules (Things that might get you disqualified)
- #runclean initiative. Runners who litter on the trails or race village will immediately be disqualified
- Good sportsmanship which means no pushing, shoving or swearing towards anyone on the trails and at the race village
- Organisers decision are final
- Any appeals must be in writing & will require proof of GPS file which will be checked on the day
- Participants shall behave politely towards each other, all race staff, land owners, marshalls, medics & everyone involved and abide by the organisers guidance and instructions.
Run-A-Way SportFor a prestige event we can't just partner up with anyone except for the best. Run-A-Way Sport is very well known in the trail & road running industry and they will be our partner of choice. Number collections will take place on the Friday prior to each event of the Prestige Trail Run Series - The Best Local Trail Collection @ Run-A-Way Sport between 3 & 5pm. They will also be sponsoring running merchandise & vouchers at each event. Pop in at their shop and see what they offer!
Legends Craft Beer & Cider on TapParticipating in a prestige event means prestige craft beer AND cider will be on sale at each event. For this series Legends Brewery will be the supplier of choice. They will serve Lager, Cookies & Cream Ale & Gin Ice Tea on tap. #LegendsDrinkLegends
Official Vitality Racing Event (VRE)Taking part in race events is a great way to stay motivated to exercise regularly – from a 5km fun run to an endurance event such as a cycle race or marathon. To celebrate all levels of event participation of our Vitality members, we have expanded our race event calendar to include any timed and verified race event in the disciplines of cycling, walking/running, swimming and major multisport events. This means you are able to compete both locally and in international events – and be rewarded for it.
Key 360 NutritionAs athletes we need the highest quality supplements which is safe to use and that we can trust. We developed KEY360 Performance Nutrition for this sole purpose. KEY360 Nutrition is a superior product range, manufactured from only the best nutritional ingredients. Our products are tested by athletes and specialists that understand what it takes to conquer and dominate in sport.
Funky PantsWe would like to welcome Funky Pants Gauteng on-board as the official pants sponsor of the Prestige Trail Run Series - The Best Local Trail Collection. They will be present at every event of the series so bring your cash and buy your own unique Funky Pant! There will also be a few Funky Pants spot prizes up for grabs.
Prize Structure (Both Male & Female)
Prize giving will start at 12pm, 3 hours after the first distance starts to allow enough time for all age category prize winners to finish on the 21km route, lucky draw prizes will follow shortly thereafter. All podium and lucky draw prize winners MUST be present to collect their prize. No exceptions will be made.
|Prize Category||21km (Open)||15km (Open)||10km (Overall)||5km (Overall)||21km||15km||10km||5km|
|Individual Event Prizes||Overall Series Prizes(GC)|
|Category Prizes||Junior(14-19), 40+, 50+, 60+ etc||Junior(14-19), 40+, 50+, 60+ etc||Youth(< 13) & Junior(14-19)||Youth(< 13) & Junior(14-19)|
Feedback from your fellow atletes about this trail (TAF Trail Run Challenge 2018)
"Thank you for a great run!"
"Thanks you for today's race! It was a beautiful scenic race and well marked. Will definitely be back next time."
"This trail truly offers everything runners can ask for"
"Awesome trail en race!"
"WOW, WOW, WOW. What an amazing event."
"Tnx guys 4 a gr8 tuff route"
No laps - Epic Scenery
The 21km route will consist of 480m elevation. The trail will be a bit more challenging than the Kaia Manzi 21km but will deliver beyond your expectations in terms of scenery, trails and sweat. There will be 4x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 21km is great for the more serious runners who would like to push themselves a bit.
The 15km route will consist of 374m elevation. The trail will have the best collection of single track, cattle paths, jeep track & forest sections over the shortest distance. There will be 3x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 15km is great for runners who would like to do a bit more than 10km but are not ready for the 21km yet but would like to challenge themselve a bit.
The 10km route will consist of 239m elevation but is very scenic along the Pienaars river. The trail will have single track, cattle paths, jeep track & forest sections. There will be 2x fully stocked nutrition points along the route. The 10km is very popular among weekend warriors and for runners who would like to challenge themselves.
The 5km(4.8km) route will consist of 102m elevation. The trail will have single track, cattle paths & jeep track. You will head out to the Pienaars River sections before heading back where you will find the fully stocked nutrition point on the 3km mark, just after the split. The 5km is designed for family, friends, hikers & anyone who would like to be part of the Prestige Trail Run Series.